cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Spec
Journeyman III

Weird issue with Ryzen 5600x Utilization.

So my friend has a ryzen 5600x and an MSI B550 Gaming edge motherboard. Within the last month or so randomly his pc would restart and/or freeze when gaming, watching streams, and sometimes idle. We checked recently and his cpu utilization will spike from 6-10%ish to 100% and stay there for a few seconds, then go back down, and then this will repeat indefinitely. We think this is what is causing his restart and freezing issue but we are not sure. His temps seem normal at 44-50c when idle and 60ish when gaming. We updated bios to the most recent ones, and recently opened it up and reseated everything, along with applying new thermal paste and the problems still persist. 32gb of ram at 3600 and a 750w power supply. No overclocking either. Any help or insight would be appreciated because at this point we are completely stumped on what to do. Thank you! 

This imgur is of his HWid when idle. https://imgur.com/a/LPvzjv2

He has reinstalled windows and we just fresh installed chrome and the problem still persists and this is what it looks like rn with task manager, with one chrome tan open with one twitch stream on.  https://imgur.com/a/dTHWVrb

0 Likes
4 Replies
Matt_AMD
Community Manager

From your screenshot it looks like Chrome is causing the issue. Have you tried a different browser like the new Microsoft Edge Chromium? 

0 Likes
QuantumXenon
Adept I

I had this problem too - my fix was reinstalling Windows, which fixed the problem.

I don't know the cause for the problem though...

0 Likes

image_2021-05-06_211748.png This is what my problem looked like. Is this the same for you?

0 Likes
QuantumXenon
Adept I

I had this problem too - my fix was reinstalling Windows, which fixed the problem.

I don't know the cause for the problem though...

This is what my problem looked like. Is this the same for you?

image_2021-05-06_212014.png

0 Likes