Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Johny3
Journeyman III

Warranty on new CPU after replacement

Hi,

today I received new CPU from warranty replacement. Does the new CPU has any warranty? I can't ask in my RMA conversation because it expired after 10 days.

0 Likes
1 Solution
Johny3
Journeyman III

AMD Support replied:
"Thank you for your email.

I would like to inform you that the warranty on the replaced processor is carried forward from you original purchased processor.

So your current processor has a warranty period of 3 years from the date of purchase of your original processor."

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Good question.

I would open a AMD Support - Warranty ticket and ask them if the 3 year Warranty is replaced with a shorter Warranty if your processor was replaced with a Recertified or new Processor replacement during the RMA process: https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form

If you do get an answer please post back their reply. It will be helpful to those who have received a new processor during the RMA process from AMD.

jawntem
Adept II

Normally, a replacement component has the same warranty as the original! For example, if your original had 6 months left then the replacement will have 6 months. I would check with your component MFG on their website and make sure to read the fine print, but it should even be listed with your original unit under your profile on their site.

Johny3
Journeyman III

AMD Support replied:
"Thank you for your email.

I would like to inform you that the warranty on the replaced processor is carried forward from you original purchased processor.

So your current processor has a warranty period of 3 years from the date of purchase of your original processor."

@Johny3   Thanks for the update.

That is something that I believe is important concerning AMD Warranty. Many times when a company replaces a hardware with a refurbished or recetified hardware it comes with a short limit Warranty.

Others like AMD continues with the original Warranty from the defective hardware when it is replaced.

0 Likes