cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gare1987
Journeyman III

Warranty check

Simple question, how in the name of God i can check warranty via serial number, where and in what category to contact support. There is no direct email, and warranty support i saw is for faulty product, but i just need return info about warranty because i do not have written warranty... Please and thank you.

And also this form that was posted number of times on this forum>https://account.amd.com/en/forms/registration/g-consumer-returns.html
Does not have proper form for me, I do not know what it mean by "warranty returns" nor i have "company" nor "address" , cpu was bought in different country and resold here and i bought it, so i just need warranty check via serial, and NO i cant contact reseller, because they changed account contact. 

0 Likes
1 Solution

Do you realize how silly your reply is.

It doesn't matter how many "Hands" or "Motherboards" the CPU goes through as long as it belongs to the original owner or purchaser,  the AMD  Warranty will be in effect.

Also when a CPU is sold through a valid AMD Distributor or Retailer the Warranty is applied to the purchaser of the AMD CPU. The Warranty is not voided in that case.

If the Retailer is out of business or closed it doesn't matter since you have the official Receipt with the date of purchase from the defunct Retailer and the CPU Serial Number.

Plus if you should lose your Retailer's Receipt, the Retailer when they sold you the CPU notified AMD of the CPU Serial number and it new owner. 

It may sound "Silly" to you but most Manufacturer's Warranties ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE to another Owner.

IF a different Owner were to open a AMD Warranty to RMA a used CPU it would be refused since he isn't the original owner.

Since you are having a difficult time understanding what you read you can open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty (https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form) and upload your Serial Number and they should be able to tell you if  it has a valid AMD  Warranty on it or not.

Also if you live in the EU, you automatically have a 2 year Warranty from the Retailer to RMA any purchase you have.

NOTE: Did you even bother to read AMD Warranty on a Processor In a BOX Purchase? It explains everything you need to know about AMD Warranty excluding EU Consumer laws about a 2 year Warranty from the Retailer.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

If you bought from a private seller, then there is no warranty as it only applies to original purchaser.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Wrong, i bought it from person that sells unused CPU (he had written warranty). But  I could not contact him, so i contacted support directly (by filling form of faulty hardware), and they accepted (for which i am very grateful) warranty through serial number, because CPU died, it just would not start one day, and AMD from Netherlands replaced it. So i need to check warranty of this CPU that i still use which they send. Thats why i asked how to check it via serial number, because i could not find any online form that could check serial number of CPU for warranty. 

0 Likes

If AMD replaced your processor under AMD Warranty then the replacement still has the remaining AMD Warranty on it that was left from the original CPU.

0 Likes

Yeah, i also thought that, but i need actual date when warranty expires, so if i maybe sell it i will add that it is still under warranty. That's the only reason i posted here just to see if there is any way to check when warranty expires. But apparently there is not, because no concrete answer yet.

0 Likes

AMD Warranty is for 3 years from the date of purchase shown on the Receipt for a sealed Official AMD Retail box.

AMD Warranty is not transferable to a another Owner. So the moment you sell your CPU to another person, AMD Warranty is voided.

The only way for the other person to get Warranty service is if he gives you the CPU and you RMA it.

EDIT: Here is AMD 3 year Warranty for Processor in Box (PIB): https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-03

0 Likes

Do you know how silly that sounds. How is it voided !? What is the difference if you insert cpu in different motherboard !? Its like that, does not matter if person sold it or not, because warranty on paper exist no matter where is the CPU. Do you even know how much "hands" cpu pass until it comes to random buyer, by your logic if it goes to importer, then seller then user, it already lost warranty, because its the same thing. And it is explicitly said by many sellers warranty can be obtained by serial number. Which i did managed to replace it. Did you read what i wrote even !? But still, your answer not useful at all, i said so lemme repeat again. IS THERE A WAY TO CHECK WARRANTY JUST BY SERIAL NUMBER, or not !? And also lemme repeat again, i would contact THE SELLER (it does not matter if it is a person or store that sells cpus) but they disappeared and can not be contacted.

0 Likes

Do you realize how silly your reply is.

It doesn't matter how many "Hands" or "Motherboards" the CPU goes through as long as it belongs to the original owner or purchaser,  the AMD  Warranty will be in effect.

Also when a CPU is sold through a valid AMD Distributor or Retailer the Warranty is applied to the purchaser of the AMD CPU. The Warranty is not voided in that case.

If the Retailer is out of business or closed it doesn't matter since you have the official Receipt with the date of purchase from the defunct Retailer and the CPU Serial Number.

Plus if you should lose your Retailer's Receipt, the Retailer when they sold you the CPU notified AMD of the CPU Serial number and it new owner. 

It may sound "Silly" to you but most Manufacturer's Warranties ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE to another Owner.

IF a different Owner were to open a AMD Warranty to RMA a used CPU it would be refused since he isn't the original owner.

Since you are having a difficult time understanding what you read you can open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty (https://www.amd.com/en/support/contact-email-form) and upload your Serial Number and they should be able to tell you if  it has a valid AMD  Warranty on it or not.

Also if you live in the EU, you automatically have a 2 year Warranty from the Retailer to RMA any purchase you have.

NOTE: Did you even bother to read AMD Warranty on a Processor In a BOX Purchase? It explains everything you need to know about AMD Warranty excluding EU Consumer laws about a 2 year Warranty from the Retailer.

No i did not need to read anything, opened the box inserted the cpu and it works. When it stopped working, i send SERIAL and that other number to support and CPU got replaced. Nobody said anything about "transferring ownership", bought it from seller who sells them here and that's it, could not contact him, contacted AMD directly...no matter it seems because it has 2 year of warranty for EU warranty probably expired, but nonetheless i will send inquiry from that link above.

0 Likes

You don't even remember what you wrote in your previous  replies.

From a previous reply by you "so if i maybe sell it i will add that it is still under warranty"

That is why I mentioned about the AMD Warranty not being transferable to another owner.

Most likely the way you translated I misread what you were implying.