Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Rudolf4711
Journeyman III

Virtualization

Hello,
I keep having problems with virtualization on my AMD Ryzen 7 4800H in a Lenovo Yoga AIO. I gave up turning on Hyper-V. There are various problems with activated Hyper-V when booting: Booting for minutes, no more camera, no more audio, etc. That's why I deactivated Hyper-V, although I needed it. (Lenovo has already changed the mainboard and I have tried all Windows versions from 10 to 11 beta.)
However, the same errors also appear (without Hyper-V enabled) when I just try to turn on Windows 11 core isolation (all BIOS settings are according to Lenovo specifications). After the restart, which is more or less forced, the computer does not boot for a long time. When it finally starts, the core isolation is deactivated again. In other words, the virtualization, although promised, does not work at all on the computer or processor! Lenovo pushes the problem to Microsoft, I can't get an answer to the problem in the Windows11 forum. The computer is now 1 year old. Maybe you're better off with Intel. Too bad actually.

Best regards
Rudolf

0 Likes
0 Replies