cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

korzychxp
Adept II

Very high temperatures on Ryzen 2600 and Noctua NH D15

I received yesterday mouting kit for AM4 and my results are sad.
Thermalpaste is Gelid GC Extreme.

Don't know how to fix this temperatures. 4 minutes of testing in OCCT and CPU temps are over 90 C...
0 Likes
5 Replies

Those fans on the Noctua doesn't look like the Fans that come with the CPU Cooler. Did you replace them?

I only see one fan in the middle and none on the outside.  Plus the fan is black while Noctua fans are beige color.  Plus the Noctua NH-D15 comes with two Cooler Fans.

0 Likes

You think problem is with fans? I had one 140 MM fan but it were loud and i replaced it by

Fander Roxo 140mm MX FRX2-14025-MX 1100rpm.

0 Likes

Your Ryzen 2600 is a fairly low TDP Wattage processor. Its TDP is 65 Watts.  So you CPU Cooler should be more than enough to keep your processor cool under heavy loads. `Also the Maximum Operating Temperature of the Ryzen 2600 is 95C. But it is not a good idea to have the Processor running close to or at 95C. Best to keep it at or under 80C - 85C if possible under normal heavy loads.

From Noctua about your CPU Cooler for the Ryzen 2600:

I would double check to make sure the Noctua is installed correctly and making good contact with the Ryzen surface and it is not loose. Also if you put too much Thermal Paste it will not remove as much heat from the CPU. This video from Noctua shows how to correctly install the Noctua NH-D15 using it own SecurFirm2 Kit: https://noctua.at/en/nh-d15/video 

If the installation is correct and making good contact with the processor than it probably means the fan you are using is not strong enough to remove heat from the heat sink.  The Noctua Fan maximum speed is 1500 RPM while  yours is 1100 RPM.

Try installing the Noctua Fan on the outside of the Heat Sink (Two fans Push - Pull configuration) with the fan you have in the middle and see if it keeps your processor cooler. If it does, then that indicates more Air flow is needed to remove heat from the heat sink fins.

0 Likes
mcalin
Adept III

Hi, your case is just an oven by looks in image, the CPU Tower Fan looks the same as the system exhaust fan (poor quality), the whole system is just recirculating hot air and will only get hotter the longer you use it, then you have a huge video card underneath the CPU, image shows you have removed the PCI covers already in an attempt to lower heat from the GPU.

You need a case with unrestricted airflow (intake and exhaust), also check you have installed the CPU tower correctly, the NHD15 comes with Noctua thermal paste which is one of the best available and you only need a small pea sized amount in center.

Place a pedestal fan directly on the tower with case open and see how it runs.

Also press with your hand on the CPU tower then check if heat lowers immediately. 

Try the Windows Power Saver Power Plan and test again, if you are still overheating you have installed the CPU cooler incorrectly.

Good Luck

PS: Grab a Hole saw and make a new fan slot in the front of the case, cut out those old HDD racks!

The CPU Tower appears top be pressed hard up against the power supply.

My Son has the exact same cooler and CPU, he runs 3 x Noctua Beige Fans on his to maintain system temp in a Corsair case!, and he also uses Noctua Industrial fans as intake and exhaust

Good points, I was going to mention the same thing about opening one side of the computer case and see if the temperature lowers and also by pressing down on the CPU Cooler to see if the temperature goes down.

One problem is that he replaced the stronger Noctua fan with a less powerful Fan thus it not getting enough air flow to remove heat from the heat sink unless the CPU Cooler is not correctly installed or it is not making a tight contact with the surface of the CPU.

0 Likes