Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

eternum
Journeyman III

Very high idle temps on Ryzen 3700x

Very high idle temps on Ryzen 3700x

I Was using Ryzen 3700x on 3800MHz and having 35-37 idle temps. Today I've discovered that my temps with same voltage and clock speeds are 47-50 now. On 4.2 MHz my idle is around 60 now (was 45-52 before). I'm using Noctua DH-14, And Aorus X570 Elite motherboard. Cooler works in balanced mode, now around 1000-1020 RPM

I've changed nothing in the system, no new software either. I've already update my BIOS (from F3 to F11) and nothing changed. I've changed Windows power mods and it didn't help me to.

Anything that I can do to fix it?

pastedImage_1.png

Full PC config:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x

GPU: nVidia 970

MB: Aorus x570 Elite

RAM: G.Skill Trident 3200

Cooler: Noctua DH14

Case: Corsair Carbide r275 2fan - intake; 1 - outtake

PSU: Chieftec CTG 750

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

eternum, please post all your components including power supply and OS.  Also post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
eternum
Journeyman III

Ok, I've run some benchmarks and got some very interesting results:

Load temps remained the same (52 in Cinebench and 48-55 in games), but after load CPU returned to normal temps by auto-lowering the clocks to 500-800 idle (before they were 3000-3500 idle). So there may be problem with the MB soft, can't tell more by now

0 Likes
eternum
Journeyman III

Temps are going to normal after I'm opening task manager, when i don't do so my CPU load in games and idle are 25-50% higher with same performance, I would rather say that my PC is not at idle at all. So I've made a conclusion that I'm facing some kind of Malware

0 Likes

mining malware has been known but malwarebytes has not noticed much of that lately

malwarebytes free can work beside windows defender easily

0 Likes

My malware fixed the problem. Now my idle temps are 33-37 degrees

0 Likes

eternum wrote:

My malware fixed the problem. Now my idle temps are 33-37 degrees

good to hear that the security tools were able to clean up the mess

0 Likes