cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

whyamd333
Adept II

Re: Very High Idle Temperature on Ryzen 3600

Glad to see its getting better. My ambient temp is about 25c or 26c and at idle my 3600 is 33c or 34c this is stock settings no overclock...I know you probably did this already but after the flash did you re-set the bios to factory default? 

When you stress test how high do the temps go now with new bios?

Your certainly getting close maybe with a better cooler might drop it another 5c you will be right where you want to be.

0 Likes
abhi162
Adept I

yes i cleared the cmos before flashing the new bios.

And i stress test i tried cinebenchR20 it still touched 89 degrees C but during game max its hovering around 75 degree c.

And i think i will change my cooler to a hyper 212 evo

that must lower the temps by 6-8 degrees more.

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

Sounds like a good plan another -5c or -8c on those temps should be good to go heck with that cooler it might even go lower...

0 Likes
pnshr
Journeyman III

you are using the v17 one on the pro carbon right? i also have the same specs, gettin 84c on cb multi core and 65 tops on single core. idling btw 44-54 and reached 80 while gaming. Running on stock cooler. Thinking of investing in an aio. I read on reddit offsetting to -0.050v might help with temps

0 Likes
abhi162
Adept I

no im using v18 as i have already posted a link above of reddit user who posted links of upcoming bios of all msi boards, not officially listed on msi website still, but i ve been using that v18 bios since last 5 days no problem whatsoever and my idle temp dropped 5 -6 degrees.

And yes an AIO will drop those temp 7-8 degrees depending of your ambient temp.

You can also opt a good air cooler like hyper 212 black edition 

pnshr
Journeyman III

Could u please tell me how to update the bios. Is it related to the m-flash in the bios. I am newb in this matter :/

Is this the reddit link u talekd about?

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC New Bios V18? : MSI_Gaming 

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

I might have to go with a MSI motherboard they seem to be more on top of whats going on..Asus is slow to nonexistent Its starting to tick me off.

0 Likes
ryuenjin1104
Journeyman III

Im using 3700x and Corsair h100i for CPU cooler. im getting exact same temps

0 Likes
Ray_AMD
Community Manager
Community Manager

pnshr
Journeyman III

Ya bro i am using rhe msi b450 carbon pro ac.

0 Likes