cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

abhi162
Adept I

Very High Idle Temperature on Ryzen 3600

Been using Ryzen 3600(stock Cooler) on MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC since last week.

Been experiencing very high idle temp and spikes from 48 degree to 65 degree in a sudden.

Even running cine-bench R20 takes the temp past 90 degrees.

Have done every thing told in forums and Robert as well still nothing i.e changed power plans etc

only using Ryzen Master as the sole monitoring tool

Applied 3 different type of compound still Nothing.

Even playing games takes the temperature past 80 mark.

Please advice what to do.

0 Likes
22 Replies
saywhut
Challenger

Those temps are really high.  What is the room temperature?  Is the PC in an air conditioned environment?

0 Likes

Yes i know that's too high of a temperature

and No it no air conditions but current ambient temp is 28 degrees and the room is well ventilated

0 Likes
aercy
Journeyman III

Same with me, I am using MSI B450 Gaming Carbon AC and Ryzen 5 3600. Getting even craziier temps. like 92 to 103 degree celcius! (Ambient is arount 30-33 degree c).

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

Yes those are too high of temps what I use to monitor is HWiNFO64 v6.08 when you start it up click on CPU and CPU Fan Speed this will bring up a graph that you can watch cpu and fan speed to make sure the fans are throttling up as temps go up. Mine a ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming motherboard was not doing that throttling but a newer bios fixed that. Now I also bought a Cooler Master 212 Black Edition and with a Push n Pull fans on it my Ryzen 5 3600 stays at 32c @ 700 rpm at idle and after a few minutes of gaming and stress test max temp is 65c @ 1450 rpm. ask MSI if you indeed have the latest bios or if they have any suggestions...

0 Likes

What is your ambient temp?

0 Likes

Around 38-39. Outside temps 33

0 Likes
aercy
Journeyman III

Okay, so finally solved my issue. I had not tightened the CPU fans enough, there was air gap probably. I tightened it till the screws wouldn’t budge anymore and the temps are now around 60-65 ish 

0 Likes

Alright that will make you sleep better at night. Its a great CPU now if we can just get Destiny 2 to run I'll be in CPU heaven...

0 Likes
abhi162
Adept I

Someone posted new Bios Updates of all B450 MSI boards i tried that and temps are 10 degrees lower now idle sitting around 42-50. Ambient Temp 27 degrees

https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/chl1d3/msi_b450_gaming_pro_carbon_ac_new_bios_v18/?sort... 

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

Glad to see its getting better. My ambient temp is about 25c or 26c and at idle my 3600 is 33c or 34c this is stock settings no overclock...I know you probably did this already but after the flash did you re-set the bios to factory default? 

When you stress test how high do the temps go now with new bios?

Your certainly getting close maybe with a better cooler might drop it another 5c you will be right where you want to be.

0 Likes

yes i cleared the cmos before flashing the new bios.

And i stress test i tried cinebenchR20 it still touched 89 degrees C but during game max its hovering around 75 degree c.

And i think i will change my cooler to a hyper 212 evo

that must lower the temps by 6-8 degrees more.

0 Likes

Sounds like a good plan another -5c or -8c on those temps should be good to go heck with that cooler it might even go lower...

0 Likes
pnshr
Journeyman III

you are using the v17 one on the pro carbon right? i also have the same specs, gettin 84c on cb multi core and 65 tops on single core. idling btw 44-54 and reached 80 while gaming. Running on stock cooler. Thinking of investing in an aio. I read on reddit offsetting to -0.050v might help with temps

0 Likes

no im using v18 as i have already posted a link above of reddit user who posted links of upcoming bios of all msi boards, not officially listed on msi website still, but i ve been using that v18 bios since last 5 days no problem whatsoever and my idle temp dropped 5 -6 degrees.

And yes an AIO will drop those temp 7-8 degrees depending of your ambient temp.

You can also opt a good air cooler like hyper 212 black edition 

Could u please tell me how to update the bios. Is it related to the m-flash in the bios. I am newb in this matter :/

Is this the reddit link u talekd about?

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC New Bios V18? : MSI_Gaming 

0 Likes

I might have to go with a MSI motherboard they seem to be more on top of whats going on..Asus is slow to nonexistent Its starting to tick me off.

0 Likes

Ya bro i am using rhe msi b450 carbon pro ac.

0 Likes
ryuenjin1104
Journeyman III

Im using 3700x and Corsair h100i for CPU cooler. im getting exact same temps

0 Likes

I didnt update to the beta bios kust the chipset driver and ryzen master gettin max gaming temps till 72-73.

0 Likes
dacq
Adept III

Someone wrote: “Just idling I was to 30% CPU and running Plex I was at 99%. Follow these steps on windows 10

1) Press Windows key and R at them same time, and then type in the search box regedit and hit Enter.

2) Follow the path to locate the correct system files:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TimeBroker

3) On the right side of the pane, right click Start entry, then choose Modify

4) Change the Value data to 4 then hit OK.

Disable Superfetch

Now idle is 3%.”

0 Likes
swipers
Adept I

yeah i have same issues with this high temp. Im using 3600x motherboard x570 aorus master and cpu cooling cm 212 turbo

0 Likes