cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

abhi162
Adept I

Very High Idle Temperature on Ryzen 3600

Been using Ryzen 3600(stock Cooler) on MSI B450 Carbon Pro AC since last week.

Been experiencing very high idle temp and spikes from 48 degree to 65 degree in a sudden.

Even running cine-bench R20 takes the temp past 90 degrees.

Have done every thing told in forums and Robert as well still nothing i.e changed power plans etc

only using Ryzen Master as the sole monitoring tool

Applied 3 different type of compound still Nothing.

Even playing games takes the temperature past 80 mark.

Please advice what to do.

0 Likes
22 Replies
saywhut
Challenger

Re: Very High Idle Temperature on Ryzen 3600

Those temps are really high.  What is the room temperature?  Is the PC in an air conditioned environment?

0 Likes
abhi162
Adept I

Yes i know that's too high of a temperature

and No it no air conditions but current ambient temp is 28 degrees and the room is well ventilated

0 Likes
aercy
Journeyman III

Same with me, I am using MSI B450 Gaming Carbon AC and Ryzen 5 3600. Getting even craziier temps. like 92 to 103 degree celcius! (Ambient is arount 30-33 degree c).

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

Yes those are too high of temps what I use to monitor is HWiNFO64 v6.08 when you start it up click on CPU and CPU Fan Speed this will bring up a graph that you can watch cpu and fan speed to make sure the fans are throttling up as temps go up. Mine a ASUS TUF B450-Plus Gaming motherboard was not doing that throttling but a newer bios fixed that. Now I also bought a Cooler Master 212 Black Edition and with a Push n Pull fans on it my Ryzen 5 3600 stays at 32c @ 700 rpm at idle and after a few minutes of gaming and stress test max temp is 65c @ 1450 rpm. ask MSI if you indeed have the latest bios or if they have any suggestions...

0 Likes
clocktimezone
Journeyman III

What is your ambient temp?

0 Likes
aercy
Journeyman III

Around 38-39. Outside temps 33

0 Likes
aercy
Journeyman III

Okay, so finally solved my issue. I had not tightened the CPU fans enough, there was air gap probably. I tightened it till the screws wouldn’t budge anymore and the temps are now around 60-65 ish 

0 Likes
whyamd333
Adept II

Alright that will make you sleep better at night. Its a great CPU now if we can just get Destiny 2 to run I'll be in CPU heaven...

0 Likes
abhi162
Adept I

Someone posted new Bios Updates of all B450 MSI boards i tried that and temps are 10 degrees lower now idle sitting around 42-50. Ambient Temp 27 degrees

https://www.reddit.com/r/MSI_Gaming/comments/chl1d3/msi_b450_gaming_pro_carbon_ac_new_bios_v18/?sort... 

0 Likes