cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

llmikeybll
Adept I

Very high CPU Core Voltage! 2700x

I've been using the 2700x processor for about a year now.  All of a sudden it wouldn't boot into windows with an error message saying Over Voltage Error! So checking in BIOS the voltage was reading 1.624v. Never been this high before and surely too high for idle?

The CPU had some moderate overclocking so i reverted it back to factory defaults... No change to Core volt.

Tried to manually lower the voltage but it wouldn't change the voltage. Changing it from AUTO to MANUAL and trying a negative Offset both didn't work.

Re-seated all hardware on motherboard and even cleared the CMOS, updated BIOS to the latest version still to no avail. The only way to boot into Windows is to turn off monitoring of the Core Voltage in BIOS. PSU Issue possibly??

PC works fine, just cant see it lasting long sitting at 1.6v constantly!

RYZEN 7 2700x

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

16GB DDR4 RAM

GEFORCE RTX 2060

0 Likes
4 Replies

Does Ryzen Master backup the readings, and does running a stress test, such as AIDA64 Stress FPU, cause a thermal shutdown?

0 Likes

No and no, the voltage reads 1.3v on average, highs of 65c on a stress test

0 Likes

Then it sounds like a detection error, as it happened out of the blue, Ryzen Master doesn't back it up, and temperatures don't reflect that voltage, as 1.6v would generate way too much heat for anything but the most powerful of coolers to handle.

That's my thinking, I'm just running with it now with no problems so

hopefully it'll be ok.

0 Likes