cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gto_pro
Adept III

using 3 years old deepcool gamax 300 instead of ryzen cooler

Hello so im building a ryzen 3 1200 pc and was wandering if this 3 years old cooler that i used on my old fx 6300 is still better than the new ryzen cooler and if i would see a difference or not im gona use a arctic silver 5 termal paste that i had left  and yes i am going to overclock hoping on at least 3.8 ghz on a msi b350 tomahawk  i still need the ram and case so i cant test it for miself

0 Likes
3 Replies

Why such a low end processor? The R3 series lacks SMT. But yes it will work.

0 Likes

damn im realy dissapointed in your response i actualy watched alot of benchmarks and videos about this cpu before buying it it was realy the best bang for the buck in terms of gaming the ryzen 5 1400 the next affordable cpu that i might of got was not mutch of a diference and i didnt want an i3 8100 i feel like i did a mistake with buying this low end cpu

0 Likes

It's not like it's a terrible processor for the money, and it's in a completely different league than the 6300, it's that if you think about any kind of multitasking or games which are insanely CPU dependent...I would have spent the extra money and stepped up to the R5 series.