cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

c300g97
Journeyman III

USB issues on B550

Hi, i own a Ryzen 3500X with a B550 DS3H , with its latest BIOS F13.

I have a RTX 2060, so no pciE 4.0 here...

But i have all sorts of USB issues, every keyboard has chattering (some usb ports more than others), every usb wifi adapter or bluetooth will randomly disconnect (in particular during heavy cpu loads or heavy storage loads).

I am at a loss here, i don't do any overclocks , everything here is at stocks speeds and features.. (Issues are appearant on Linux aswell).

At this point the CPU or Motherboard are faulty i guess , is there any upcoming AGESA update that is going to fix this pherhaps?

0 Likes
5 Replies
goodplay
MVP

Re: USB issues on B550

Have you tried turning off 'usb selective suspend'.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 7000s 2tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro..
0 Likes
c300g97
Journeyman III

This an option on Windows 10 power options?

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Exemplar

Do you have the latest BIOS and Chipset drivers?

0 Likes
c300g97
Journeyman III

Yes, latest bios and also latest chipset

0 Likes
GuiltySpark
Journeyman III

I'm experiencing the very same problem on an Aorus B550i with a 5900x, also bios version F13; it is practically impossible to use the mouse while there is more than one peripheral connected to another usb port. I've tried all solutions present in other discussions with 0 results. This problem is present both in windows and linux (ubuntu 21.04). At the moment I've "solved" connecting the mouse to the usb typeC with a usb C docking station. Of course this is not a solution at all since I should be able to use the mouse attached to every usb port regardless the other usb are connected or not.

0 Likes