cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

subdread
Adept II

Upgraded from 5600X to 5900X - PC freeze

So i have this issue on my PC - random freeze without full load , stress test were passed succesfully - OCCT 30 mins , gaming 1hour+
RAM is not on the Gigabyte MB list , but is on the Kingston site as supported . very weird

MB - GB B550 Pro - P latest BIOS , currently on default settings
CPU - had 5600X - upgraded to 5900X new
GPU - 6700XT - upgraded to 7900XT new
32GB RAM Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3200 ( unstable at 3200, used at 2400 but with the new CPU even 2400 is unstable ) KF432C16BB1K2/32
PSU - 850w gold

On the 5600X i never had a freeze when runing RAM at 2400, but i had when runing at 3200 XMP profile 1 .
Tested out different settings from Bios on RAM, nothing worked - including increasing voltage to 1.38 for RAM.
Yesterday i had 4 hours very stable gaming/stressing and today freeze after 20 minutes browsing.
I had 0 issue with the RAM at 2400 and 5600X - not one freeze in 1 year.

Temperatures are ok - GPU max 70, CPU max 79-80 full load
No windows errors, RAM tested and it's ok 
Any ideas?

0 Likes
1 Solution

It was the GPU - 7900XT or driver .

Had to return it to the seller and had to buy nvidia( not a fan) because it seems it wasnt stable.

No problems since then...

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies
MADZyren
Paragon

So the system has never really worked, if it didn't work at XMP even before.

Have you checked QVL list for memory support? While not necessary, it is a good thing if memory is tested to work with this motherboard.

Have you tried reinstalling Windows after you started getting issues?

Which PSU? "Gold" doesn't mean anything. 850W says nothing about quality either.

Maybe disable C-state and any power saving settings from BIOS.

Could be a broken motherboard which works only when hot enough for contacts... to contact.

0 Likes
misterj
Big Boss

subdread, I suspect your MB, specifically your VRM. If you have not done a fresh install of Widows (including formatting the C: disk), please consider it. Make sure your VRM has really good air flow. You are moving from a 65 Watt to a 105 Watt processor. Good luck and enjoy, John.

It was the GPU - 7900XT or driver .

Had to return it to the seller and had to buy nvidia( not a fan) because it seems it wasnt stable.

No problems since then...

0 Likes