cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

saltyt
Journeyman III

Upgrade to Ryzen 5 3600

Hi! I have a A320M-HDV R4.0 Motherboard with an AMD A10 9700 installed. I recently bought a Ryzen 5 3600 but when I start the PC the monitor doesn't get any input. My graphics card is a GTX 1050ti and I have 8GB RAM. The Bios Version is 3.70 (latest Version). Does anyone have an idea what my problem is here. Any input would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
1 Reply

What was your original BIOS on your motheboard when you first installed the A10 9700 Processor? Was it a version below 2.30 ?

Reason why I ask is because if you updated from BIOS version below 2.30 you needed to install FIRST the motherboard's latest CHIPSET BEFORE UPDATING to the latest BIOS version: ASRock > A320M-HDV R4.0  (Note: the Blue lettering are links):

CHIPSET: ASRock > A320M-HDV R4.0 

Also did you check to see if your current RAM MEMORY is listed to support the Ryzen 5 on the Motherboard's QVL List for RAM MEMORY for the Matisse Processor?

I see that ASRock has not yet updated your Motherboard's QVL List for Matisse RAM MEMORY since it isn't listed.

In case it is a RAM problem. Remove all the RAM from your motherboard and just install one RAM Stick and see if it boots up as long as your BIOS was updated correctly as stated above.

0 Likes