Processors

AGCampagna
Journeyman III

Updating to Windows 11 No Tpm 2.0 found

Hello Everyone

Recently, I was notified that Windows 11 was available

Windows is telling me that because I do NOT have TPM 2.0   

My processor is AMD Ryzen 5 3600

It's not that old, so I should be equipped. 

Is there a way to turn it, if available?    

Does anyone know how to turn my situation around?  

0 Likes
2 Solutions
vialli100
Forerunner

You will need to go to your bios and activate fTPM, which is the AMD software TPM..

From there if that is the only thing stopping you, it should work ok..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

Thank you.  There was a little more to it, finding my way, but eventually it all worked out.  

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

You will need to go to your bios and activate fTPM, which is the AMD software TPM..

From there if that is the only thing stopping you, it should work ok..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

Thank you.  There was a little more to it, finding my way, but eventually it all worked out.  

0 Likes

Good job, you just ruined your motherboard. I found out too late too . The "update" they did that took them a year or 2 doesn't seem to work for me or for others

0 Likes

how exactly does that ruin your motherboard? i have the exact same problem and i've been trying to deal with it for a whole month, choosing fTPM seemed like a solution.

0 Likes

My Laptop is Ryzen 2700U, While windows 11 upgrade, it said this processor isn't compatible with windows 11. What is the solution? TPM 2.0 problem also available which you have asked to use fTPM.

0 Likes