cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

sw1ty3
Newcomer

Unstable temperature ryzen 5 3600

Hi, I am Sasha and I am the owner of ryzen 5 3600. The problem is that my temperature on the desktop jumps from 40 to 60 degrees, you can notice in the photo. Frequency 4.2 GHz. Worth water cooling deepcool castel 240v2 rgb.

pastedImage_1.pngpastedImage_2.png

My system.

Motherboard - ASUS ROG STRIX B450-E GAMING

Processor - AMD Ryzen 3600 4.2 Ghz

Cooling - deepcool castel 240 rgb V2

RAM - DRAM IRDM X DDR4 DIMM 16 GB 3200MHz

Video card - MSI RTX 2060 SUPER

Power supply - be quite 700w

help me please!

0 Likes
3 Replies
redteam6
Elite

check that your pump header is set at 100% speed in bios. It may be running at 50% or something.

0 Likes
twerkthatboot
Adept II

Hi Sasha.

Ryzen 3000 series processors run a little hotter than expected and you will see a temperature spike anywhere from 40-60 degrees on even idle. This may seem abnormal but I assure you that all users with the 3000 series processors are facing the same issue. For the time being if you want to control the temperatures manually, you can use the power saver mode in windows power and sleep setting. Make sure the Processor Power Management Min is set to 5% and Max is set to 99%. This will forcefully down clock your processor to 2.2Ghz and keep your temps stable at 36-42 degrees. Note however that this will only allow your processor to boost 100Mhz lesser than its advertised base clock! Please turn it back to Balanced or High Performance mode when running heaving CPU intensive tasks for proper performance. 

Hope this helps for the time being.

0 Likes

I use one of the AMD RGB fans and my CPU is cool. I do not use the OEM thermal material. I use Arctic MX-4 and very little of it as it is intended to fill microscopic defects.

At the end of the day my CPU runs cool even when pushed very hard.

0 Likes