cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lewster32
Journeyman III

Unrealistically low BIOS temperatures (11°C) on Ryzen 3900x (Asus ROG Strix 570-F) causing incorrect automatic fan control and high real CPU temperatures

My Ryzen 3900x with the stock Wraith Prism cooler is showing 11°C in the BIOS of my Asus ROG Strix 570-F motherboard, causing the automatic fan control to run too slowly, and thus causing high actual CPU temperatures unless I aggressively ramp the fan control up. I can't seem to find anything else online suggesting why this may be. I'm on the latest revision of the BIOS and I've tried reseating my CPU twice (cleaning and reapplying thermal compound each time).

0 Likes
2 Replies

Either you have a defective Motherboard Thermal sensor or the sensor on the CPU is defective.

Could possibly be Asus own software causing the problem or the latest BIOS has a bug in it.

I would open a Asus Support Ticket either through email or Online Chat and see if they recommend RMAing your motherboard.

Also open a AMD Warranty ticket and see if they believe the sensor issue is due to the processor itself. You can open a Warranty ticket from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form 

0 Likes

11C is a tad colder than outside where I am located lately.

grab GPU-Z and the related hardware monitor and see what the various sensors are saying

0 Likes