cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Thinthin
Adept I

Undervolt CPU

Hi guys. I'm using Asus TUF A15 FX506QM with R7-5800H. After few days using, I want to undervolt CPU because it was hot when i was playing games(About 85-95 degree Celcius). Anyone know how to undervolt and reduce the temperature the CPU? Please help me. Thank you guys very much. 

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Laptop BIOS's are generally quite restrictive so it's no surprise you don't have much control over the CPU.

Basically your only option AFAIK will be to modify your Windows power plans to lower power and temps.
Try reducing the Maximum Processor State setting in the Windows power plan.  Anything below 100% will disable frequency boosting.  You will lose some performance, but power consumption and temperatures should be noticeably lower.

View solution in original post

Try if the Ryzen Master works for you, if it does you can create a custom profile.

The image is just an example, don't use these values.

johnnyenglish_0-1635563675081.png

There is also what it seems like an un-official piece of software called Ryzen Controller but I don't know any about it and you should search a bit before rushing into it.

https://ryzencontroller.com

The Englishman

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Maybe you should also try asking on the asus forum, someone there may know of bios option or other means to reduce temp.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..

Thank you very much

0 Likes
EFermi
Miniboss

Air-cooled? It's most likely hot because you left it on auto.

Try setting the multiplier in the range of 42-43.5, voltage to 1.18-1.2V, disable all boost features (CPB, overdrive, whatever you have however they're called). Run a stress test / heavy game load while monitoring temps. 

Hi,  the settings are mostly in the same place, either be standard ASUS, TUF or RoG.

So head to the BIOS and look (you may not have this setting but look for it) CPU Core Voltage and try the offset value, much  more stable this way. Start with 0.05 and then 0.1 run some stress tests and validate.

Look here in my video, as I show how to get there.

Good luck!

The Englishman
Thinthin
Adept I

I'm so appriciate that you guys have helped me. Actually I'm using the laptop one, so I've tried to go to the BIOS but I didn't see the settings that undervolt or fan option
Anyone have another way to reduce the temp and undervolt cpu? Plz help me asap

0 Likes

Laptop BIOS's are generally quite restrictive so it's no surprise you don't have much control over the CPU.

Basically your only option AFAIK will be to modify your Windows power plans to lower power and temps.
Try reducing the Maximum Processor State setting in the Windows power plan.  Anything below 100% will disable frequency boosting.  You will lose some performance, but power consumption and temperatures should be noticeably lower.

Try if the Ryzen Master works for you, if it does you can create a custom profile.

The image is just an example, don't use these values.

johnnyenglish_0-1635563675081.png

There is also what it seems like an un-official piece of software called Ryzen Controller but I don't know any about it and you should search a bit before rushing into it.

https://ryzencontroller.com

The Englishman

I have installed Ryzen Master and it did not work on my laptop. So I installed Ryzen controller and it worked! Thank you guys one more time. I'm very appriciate it

0 Likes