cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jack_Ten
Journeyman III

Underperforming 5800x3D? No uplift in performance after upgrade.

Hi All,

I recently upgraded my CPU to the 5800x3D but I am not getting the performance uplift I was expecting. 

This is my setup:

• CPU: 5800x3D
  • GPU: 6700xt
  • RAM: 32gb @ 3600hz
  • Mobo: MPG B550 Gaming Plus

The main game I play is Escape from Tarkov. From posts on the subreddit, and from videos I have seen on Youtube, I would expect something in the region of 120fps (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NO9knvuTYg) but I am only getting 80ish, which is basically no change from my old CPU (5950x) - if anything slightly worse. The game is CPU bound. 

I have googled the problem and tried the following:

• Flashed BIOS
  • Updated Chipset drivers
  • Updated GPU drivers
  • Ensured Resize Bar enabled

Can anyone suggest a solution? I have been googling again and again but I seem to have exhausted all the solutions put forth so far by others. Its' been really frustrating and I'd appreciate any assistance anyone could offer.

Thanks in advance,

0 Likes
5 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

did you test other games?

0 Likes

I mainly play Rust and Tarkov and have tried both - same experience in that the FPS performance is if anything, slightly worse. I am also getting stuttering that I wasn't before. No improvement to 0.1/1%.The

5800x3D is well known for giving a significant performance boost to both games and this is reflected in the benchmark videos for these on Youtube, but I have actually gone backwards. 

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is your motherboard bios version?  try agesa v1.2.0.7

when you have higher fps in games difference between cpus will be easy to notice so lower video settings and test it.  when you play on higher resolutions cpu power is less important because fps will be lower.

I have 6700xt and I will keep playing on 1920x1080 resolution. I have 2700x and  for around 10 days I will upgrade to 5800x3d or 5900x so this is interesting to me.

what is your cpu cooler? did you check temperatures of 5800x3d?

0 Likes
Earnhardt
Grandmaster

What Resolution are you playing at?

0 Likes
Jumu
Adept III

Is it boosting normally and temps are okay? How about Cinebench r23 results? Lets compare to mine. Load optimized defaults from bios.

0 Likes