Did you mean: 

Processors

Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Unable to restore processor speed

Jump to solution

I have a AMD FX8350

I had problems with overheating with my M5A78LM USB 3 motherboard and so the processor clock was reduced form 4.0 to 1.2(or something like it), so I changed the clock speed to 3.2 with AMD Calalyst under a easy to do configuration.

Now I had changed my motherboard to a with a 990FXA UD3 R5 (this is a good one for this processor, right?)

My video is a R9280x with a '750W real' power supply.

The problem is... I want to test the processor under 4.0 again... but after those 2 years, my windows was updated to 10 and the Catalyst seens to have been changed to "Radeon Settings" and I don't have the option to restore the clock speed that do not pass the 3.2 mark.

How could I restore my clock speed to 4.0? Is there a easy tool like catalyst for windows 10? The last tool I had instaled from AMD website just reinstaled my "Radeon Settings" program...

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Re: Unable to restore processor speed

Jump to solution

Try AMD overdrive

Your CPU max frequency probably is limited by some software.

Check your current power plan>max CPU state. It must be 100%.And your power plan must be standard or high performance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 Replies
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor III

Jump to solution

Always overclock in BIOS.

Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

Uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode. After that "Radeon settings" must "forget" your previous tweaks.

Then install latest driver  16.11.5 Desktop

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

When I had checked my bios it says 4000mhz, but when I check HWMonitor it says 3.4mhz...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Big Boss
Big Boss

Jump to solution

Try AMD overdrive

Your CPU max frequency probably is limited by some software.

Check your current power plan>max CPU state. It must be 100%.And your power plan must be standard or high performance.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Adept I
Adept I

Jump to solution

Thank you very much for your help!

It was really a power plan problem. It was on balanced and the CPU max frequency was set to 85%.

Now I had changed it to 100% and my max clock are 4220mhz, I believe it is working fine now!

Thank you again for your help!!