cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

qt_
Journeyman III

Unable to post Ryzen 3600X MSI MPG 570 Gaming plus

Recently have built a new system but we are getting the CPU debug light and not able to post to Bios.

We have already swapped the PSU to rule if it's the cause of failure. We cannot flash the drive since we do not have another CPU to do this. 

At this time without having another boot kit to test we cannot determine if its a faulty CPU or Motherboard.

I emailed support and no response - ticket # is 8200894896]

0 Likes
4 Replies
mcalin
Adept III

Hi, can you try and flash your BIOS following the instructions below in image, also try and clear your CMOS if that fails.

Remove your CPU, RAM and GPU before trying to flash as below, also after powering down the PC unplug it and press the power on key again to drain residual power from the capacitors.

Good Luck

flash-bios.jpg

After flashing BIOS wait 5 minutes before shutting the system down, sometimes they will restart 3 times and finally work.

clear-cmos.jpg

Also your motherboard has a HDMI port, make sure you are using your dedicated GPU HDMI as your CPU doesn't support onboard graphics.

0 Likes
qt_
Journeyman III

Hi,

Thank you for the reply.

I do have a question. The Ryzen 5 CPU should have been compatible out of box with this model of motherboard?

Meaning I shouldn't have to flash the bios, but we're only do this to see if its the cause?

20190813_102628.jpg

MSI MPG x570 Gaming Plus, correct?

I had taken out the graphics card at the time to see if we'd still get the same error. 

I also swapped and only put in 1 slot of ram to None, to check and see as well.

The CPU light stays on regardless

0 Likes
qt_
Journeyman III

I have tried the steps and still immediately boot with a debug light on

0 Likes
pirito
Journeyman III

I have the same problem. Ir you already resolved this problem could you please say for me what you do

0 Likes