cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

oo00Kman00oo
Journeyman III

Two identical Ryzen 5700g Rog Strix B550-f systems, one refuses to play YouTube videos

I built two identical systems for Christmas presents and one works perfect, the other one refuses to play YouTube videos. No matter whether in Chrome, Edge, Firefox or even the YouTube app on Windows; playing YouTube videos results in the video freezing, green bars appearing, tears and other glitches. Both machines are running the same latest recommended Radeon drivers, yet one works and the other doesn't. Although I can fix it by changing the ANGLE setting in Chrome://flags from Default to OpenGL, I am concerned that it might be indicative of a fault with one of my 5700g.

System specs: 

Processor / GPU / APU: AMD Ryzen 5700g

Motherboard: Rog Strix B550-f

PSU: Corsair CX750F

Memory: Crucial Ballistix 8GB x 2 3200MHz DDR4

Storage: Crucial P5 Plus 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe M.2 SSD

Operating system: Both systems on Windows 11, but have tried fresh install of Windows 10 and I had the exact same problem

Playing games I have seen absolutely no problems what-so-ever. Twitch, Vimeo, Netflix, Disney+ play back also appears to work fine. In-game videos and cut scenes play just fine. The problem just seems 100% isolated to YouTube. Temperatures and loads all seem fine, network connection has plentiful bandwidth. Bios is on latest version and settings duplicated from working machine.

Any help would be very much appreciated. Is there any diagnostic tests I can run on the processor to see if it has any faults? 

Many thanks.

0 Likes
4 Replies

Since one is working fine and the other isn't.

Swap both processors into the other PC. If the issue changes to where the bad  PC processor was installed  and the bad PC is now working fine with the processor from the good PC that is a good indication you have a DOA AMD processor and I suggest you open a AMD  Warranty ticket from here: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/rma-form

BUT if you swap processor and the bad PC is still having the same issue than I suggest your RMA the motherboard.

The above is assuming that both PC have identical hardware installed (RAM, CPU, GPU, Motherboard).

That's great advice and I can't think why I didn't think about that. I will need to grab some thermal paste first, then will give it a go. Thanks, I will update this thread with the results.

Well that is what forums are for. To get ideas or suggestion from other Users to help solve you problems.

Good luck.

0 Likes

Did you try this and what happened? I am experiencing the same problem with a new 5700G CPU and cannot resolve the problem. I have heard of others that replace the CPU and their system works well - maybe there is a bad batch of these.

0 Likes