cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Adept III
Adept III

Trying to get an RMA for a 5950x : Worst customer support experience ever

Initially felt like a lucky guy I could get a 5950x on release day, but now slowly starting to regret joining team red with that new config ...

Sure, this is a new product and sh*t happens, but getting such an unresponsive support (rma ticket open for almost a week, no progress whatsoever despite repeated calls to (what appears to be sales only) support) really make for a bad experience slowly getting me to think "never amd again" as days pass without being able to use my new 4K$ rig and getting me to think it might take weeks if not months as even a first answer to an rma ticket can take up to (more then ?) a week !

Ticket number is  8201025574, please help me @amdmatt, you're my only hope !

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
13 Replies
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Trying to get an RMA for a 5950x : Worst customer support experience ever

Finally got my rma approval last night ... hopefully it doesn't take too long now, will report on progress / timelines for those interested

Adept I
Adept I

Had to RMA mine too. Did a request but in the end I sent it back to the vendor today to just get my money back and buy a new one. I didn't get a reponse from AMD for 3 days so I just said i would return it

Adept III
Adept III

Opened my rma request last saturday to get an approval (no answer/questions from them in between) last night, so 3 days was a bit optimistic it seems ...

Nevertheless, if your reseller took it back for a refund and you're confident/not in a hurry to be able to source another one, that's definitely the faster route (provided you got/know a shope that got another one readily available tho, those seem pretty rare still )

Adept I
Adept I

Same here sir also 5950x, also first time team red and such a let down.

All the press spitting on intel but at least their customer service is worth something.

My ticket is from last saturday.

Adept I
Adept I

Yea , idk...

I maybe didn't take the best choice but whatever... I had the chance to send it back and get my money back and alot of people told me to rather do that than sending it in for RMA , cause that could take a long time , and since I only had a few days left before I wasn't able anymore to send it back , I just took the choice to send it back and hope for a restock in the upcoming days.

Maybe sending to the rma at amd and getting a replacement would have been much easier and a secured processor at the end but yea... i did what most people told me to do ...

Adept III
Adept III

to be fair I would probably have done the same as you, possibly taking it a step further as said in another thread if I've had the option, tho I bought my cpu from amd.com directly so it wouldn't have been any faster to ask for a refund ...

Adept III
Adept III

@knubb wrote:

Same here sir also 5950x, also first time team red and such a let down.

All the press spitting on intel but at least their customer service is worth something.

"Fun" fact there is that intel brought that to them because of panic moves on being the top performer in (badly manipulated) benchmarks when they could just have waited and let amd get the heat of WHEA errors and 900$ lemon CPU customers have to fight to get rma's in a timely manner  ...

A CPU can only be the best performing one if it actually performs in your computer ... a defective CPU is merely a (very expensive AND way too light for the job) paperweight, even if it got the best benchmarks all over the internet ...

Adept I
Adept I

As you said, very expensive

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

quick update : as per DHL, amd received my cpu yesterday. They only acknowledged it today after I called support again and sent me a note that the cpu have been tested and rma approved and that I should get another mail "soon" once they send the replacement ...

really hate that they don't give a better timeline for returning one ... hope it's just a badly worded email ...

Will keep you guys posted on the progress