cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jacques_Netherlands
Journeyman III

Trying to get a Boot Kit

I now have been trying for 2 weeks in order to get a load bios kit with no success. Each time they have new excuse. I am sure to share this on twitter. Why do we buy stuff that cannot be supported???

0 Likes
6 Replies
Ray_AMD
Community Manager

I have reviewed your ticket, and can see that you opened a boot kit request on 8/28. 

Part of the boot kit request process requires photographs of the following:

• A picture of your Ryzen processor that clearly shows the Model Number and Serial number.
  • A copy of your processor purchase invoice.
  • A picture of your motherboard clearly displaying the make and model number.

On 8/30 (and later) you responded saying the images had been attached, but I have reviewed your responses and, unfortunately, no pictures were attached (till date).

I am not sure why your pictures are not being attached, but you could perhaps upload them to a google drive or similar shared folder and provide that link ?

0 Likes
Jacques_Netherlands
Journeyman III

Good day, just very funny that I have send emails with pdf and pictures and your department cannot open any. The same emails were send to my email and I could open it. I have also been requested to send serial numbers and info of board and chip, but still no reply. What is the excuse for that? I will be sure next time to not buy AMD if this is the level of support.

0 Likes

Unfortunately, the RMA process requires actual photographs to be provided.  For the record, we have never seen a RMA submission where pictures could not  be attached. 

I do not work in the RMA department but reviewed your tickets and no images were attached. 

As suggested earlier, you may want to upload them to a google drive (or similar) and provide that link.

0 Likes
Jacques_Netherlands
Journeyman III

RMA number was send, but no shipping info. Nor has anything been received. Will mark as accept solution when parts/kit in hand. Not sure if this is just another delay in the process.

0 Likes
Jacques_Netherlands
Journeyman III

Good day. Chip received today. A ryzen 3 3100. Board boots. Updated bios to suggested v27, but with ryzen 5 5500 still does not boot? What can be the issue now?

0 Likes

It might help to know what motherboard make/model you have.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes