cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Trying to cancel order

I accidentally created an order for the wrong processor - a 3950X when I meant to order a 5950X.

Now, I can't find a way to cancel that order. I can't even look up the order as it was ordered with paypal so I have an order number and an email address but no password or credit card digits to look up the order with the order search page.

0 Likes
1 Solution

first you weren't clear at all as to where you purchased the processor.

Here is AMD STORE FAQ that can help you decide what to do and cancel your order: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-01-28 150214.png

Second I wasn't aware that AMD STORE accepted PayPal so excuse me for being ignorant of that fact.

Next time when you post a question be more detailed in your explanation.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

If you are using PayPal then it is a good chance you purchased the wrong processor from an Ebay or similar seller.

If not Ebay than you need to contact the seller of the wrong processor to have them cancel your order.

Your case has nothing to do with AMD unless you purchased the wrong processor from AMD STORE.

You can put a dispute claim with Paypal to not pay and give the reasons why. They can contact the seller and see if what the seller says or Paypal might say for you to contact the seller directly.

Plus you must have an official receipt from the Retailer/seller, so you must know from where you purchased the wrong processor from.

0 Likes

No I'm not purchasing from ebay or anywhere else. I was using the AMD online store. AMD store accepts paypal as payment. It's right at the top of the checkout page (see screen shot)

AMD Store Checkout.png

0 Likes

first you weren't clear at all as to where you purchased the processor.

Here is AMD STORE FAQ that can help you decide what to do and cancel your order: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/amdonlinestorefaq

Screenshot 2021-01-28 150214.png

Second I wasn't aware that AMD STORE accepted PayPal so excuse me for being ignorant of that fact.

Next time when you post a question be more detailed in your explanation.

Sorry if it wasn't clear that the order was on AMD Store to start with. Guess I didn't think someone would post here about an order via some other store.

Thanks for that information. It seems odd that I would have to reject the item on delivery rather than simply cancel the order. It's also annoying that having bought using paypal there is no way to look up the order using the order look up page listed in the FAQ or anyway to contact customer services, other than via the warranty return which I can't fill in as I don't have a serial number which I obviously don't have.

I have seen other Users that have bought AMD hardware from another Retailer post questions about their order here at AMD Forums.

I agree that AMD STORE should have a Contact number for Customer to reach them directly about issues concerning their purchase other then providing a AMD STORE FAQ page.

Other Users have complained also about not being able to contact AMD Store directly.