Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

luca1
Adept I
Adept I

Re: TR 1950X Performance unusable / stuttering in Windows

Thank you for your suggestion! I opened msconfig and selected "diagnostic startup" as you suggested. After that I restarted my PC but ended up having an error message that my PIN is not available. When I click for setting up a PIN it says it has to install an app but it doesn’t do anything. So the problem is that now I cant log into my PC anymore. I could try starting my windows from a USB device and see if I am able to find a way to  log in again. Do you have any suggestion what to do in these cases? It seems to get from bad to worse unfortunately.

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos
xeleron
Miniboss
Miniboss

W10 PIN is available only after you set up a password first. Can you login using that?

luca1
Adept I
Adept I

Hello,

I could not set a password. I tried more or less everything (CMD, save mode, automatic repair etc.) but I could not log into windows anymore. The only thing which helped was a system restore. I lost a few files but fortunately I backup every week. Have you any idea how I could proceed. I really need to fix the stuttering?

Should I try with the “selective startup” of turning off the PIN option before I do a diagnostic startup to avoid the same issue again? (https://domainwebcenter.com/do-not-use-msconfig-diagnostic-startup/) ? I don’t know if that helps. I’m out of ideas, and I really would love to narrow down the issue.

I am thankful for any ideas!

0 Kudos
xeleron
Miniboss
Miniboss

Try setting up windows without any logon credentials (or just a password) , to avoid such issues in the future.

luca1
Adept I
Adept I

I setup windows without any logon credentials now, and the diagnostic startup mode works now. Unfortunately, I can’t really work in that mode, since all my Software is not working properly when I’m offline (I need to be connected online). I tried playing around within windows explorer, but its hard to tell if there is any change to the system performance, since usually the system gets only really slow when I have multiple programs open simultaneously and especially when it is running for quite a while. So, I couldn’t emulate my usual workflow. What else could I try or should I try?

Thank you in advance!

0 Kudos