Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

ShadowV25
Journeyman III

Tpm proplem r5 3600,gigabyte b450 board

hi 

I have had a problem for about 2 days now that American megatrends screen bios showed up {and ask to press n or y}, open the bios and found it was auto reset, I made my preferred changes and enabled {cpu ftpm} and {secure boot} left trust computing to enable after second-time boot into bios when i entered trusted computing section again it shows {enabled/disabled button but a shows a message says (no security device found)} i tried updating bios to last (f64c) and clearing CMOS none of them worked, {American megatrends screen show up if enabled tested computing if disabled it won't show up} on windows 10 under security devices in device manager (amd psp 11.0 device) only and in tpm.msc tpm is not reconized. 

any help in this situation, please?

0 Likes
2 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

ShadowV25, are you sure your MB has or supports TPM. I suggest you check your manual and open a Service request with Gigabyte. I have a Gigabyte MB with TPM support but no TPM. I have just received a TPM and will try soon. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Can you post the exact Gigabyte B450 Motherboard you have. The Ryzen 3600 should support fTPM. I have a Ryzen 3700X that I now have fTPM enabled to be able to upgrade to Windows 11.

My Asus Motherboard has a TPM Header on it which means it either accepts software fTPM or hardware TPM Module.

After I enabled fTPM in BIOS I then went into Windows Settings to verify that TPM has been enabled even though I don't have any hardware that needs TPM enabled.

According to this tech site concerning TPM supported Motherboards: https://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/motherboards-that-support-tpm-windows-11/

Screenshot 2022-12-14 125831.png

To verify if your Motherboard supports TPM go to your Motherboard's Specs support page.

This previous LinusTech Forum User is having the same or similar problem with enabling fTMP on his Ryzen 3600 processor: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1387054-tpm-20-will-not-turn-on-ryzen-5-3600/

Make sure you have BIOS set in UEFI Mode.

0 Likes