Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Pixel452
Adept I

TPM not working after CPU change

Hi,

I had a 5600X with TPM on and everything was fine, after I upgraded to a 5900X, despite having TPM enabled in the BIOS, windows does not detect it. I already tried many combinations, but nothing works. I have UEFI, Secure Boot, TPM enabled and main OS in a GPT partition. My motherboard is a MAG X570 TOMAHAWK WIFI.

Disclaimer, originally I had a 5900X, but it was defective, so I bought a 5600X to use while waiting for the replacement.

Thanks

0 Likes
1 Solution

Update to BIOS 7C84v183(Beta version) fixed the problem.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
hitbm47
Forerunner

Hi @Pixel452 

Personally, I have not checked if my motherboard supports TPM, but what I usually do after changing hardware in my system for re-detection of components:

• Reset BIOS to defaults,
  • Save and restart,
  • Enter BIOS again,
  • Re-enter fan-speed setups, etc., one used to have,
  • make sure all hard-drives are still detected and in correct boot order, if not, follow the following step anyway,
  • Save and shutdown, wait 10 seconds and power on.

Sometimes after a hardware change, some variables are not enabled even though they show that they are enabled, which is why a reset to default helps.

Edit: Furthermore, one can also check if it is not some bug that was to be fixed in a BIOS firmware update for the motherboard.

Kind regards

0 Likes

I am on the newest BIOS non beta (TPM was working with the 5600X), I tried clearing the CMOS, both software and hardware (jumper), did not work, I have no ideas 

0 Likes

Update to BIOS 7C84v183(Beta version) fixed the problem.

Hi @Pixel452 

Glad to hear this fixed your problem!

Kind regards

EDIT: Just remember to mark the solution so other people can see.

0 Likes