Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

amdangster
Adept I

Totally confused about AMD.

I am trying to build a new computer, but AMD based

I read that certain motherboards require updates to run certain AMD cpu, and I have just seen on a motherboard's manufacturer website that certain Memory modules are based on the screenshot below. 

Being that I have always had a build by the otherside, not sure if I'm allowed to mention their name, but to be safe, I've called them the otherside

I want to buy the MSI B450I GAMING PLUS AC Motherboard because I simply want a small build (mini ITX), but as I've mentioned the things above, this has left me totally confused and scared to delve into building an AMD based home built PC, as I don't want to spend too much with this build

0 Likes
2 Replies

That image you posted is very important to find out what hardware to purchase that will be compatible with your new motherboard.

CPU: This shows all compatible Processors and BIOS/UEFI versions needed for the Motherboard to recognize and support each specific Processor on the list.

Memory by A-Series: This list shows all the RAM MEMORY that is compatible with AMD APUs (Processor with Integrated Graphics) that start with AXX-xxxx like the A4/6/10/12 series APU.  Your Motherboard CPU list doesn't show any except maybe the Athlon 2xxGE that might be considered to be in the A series processors.

Memory by RX-1x00: This list shows all the RAM MEMORY that is compatible with the Ryzen 1xxx series processors.

Memory by RX-2x00G/GE: This list shows all the RAM MEMORY that is compatible with the Ryzen 2xxxG/GE APU processors.

Memory by RX-2x00: This list shows all the RAM MEMORY that is compatible with the Ryzen 2xxx processors.

Memory by RX-3x00G: This list shows all the RAM MEMORY that is compatible with the Ryzen 3xxxG APU Processors.

Memory by RX-3x00: This list shows all the RAM MEMORY that is compatible with the Ryzen 3xxx processors.

VGA: List all the GPUs (Graphic cards) that are compatible with your motherboard.  This list I wouldn't put too much importance as long as your motherboard has the proper PCIex16 slot.

Storage: List of all HDD, SSD, NVME & M.2 that are compatible.

Compatible Devices: Lists all other compatible hardware like

But the MOST IMPORTANT LISTS are the CPU and RAM MEMORY Lists and to some extent the Storage list.

One of the most critical hardware to purchase is a High quality Metal rated PSU (Power Supply Unit) rated by one of the Metals (Platinum,Gold, Silver, or Bronze) and at least 850 Watts.  I suggest at leat 850 Watts in case you want to upgrade your Motherboard's hardware like the GPU or CPU in the future.

Thank you for clearing that up for me

0 Likes