Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

BnB
Journeyman III

TMP 2.0 bricked my system and I'm not sure why

Hi,

I have ryzen 3 2300x(similar to 2200g),I want to install and try win11 and I need to turn on TPM 2.0 in BIOS and I know how to do it but(asus prime a320m-k MB),

When I turn it on my PC does not post,(I did this when win11 was new),first boot up was just power cicelying and then no video at all, I reseted BIOS since but still can't boot with tpm 2.0 , 

At this point I know win11 is not that great for ryzen system,but I want to know if someone ever saw this issue cause I'm not sure what caused it 

Sry for bad eng. it's my second language

0 Likes
5 Replies
badtoad100
Journeyman III

you can do a Bios Update and re setup after that that will get you posting.

hlaks
Adept I

I have a couple of questions that will hopefully help me or someone else to answer the question.

Is your system have windows 11 installed yet or is it still have windows 10? 

Do you have the most recent bios update installed on the mobo?  If not can you post which version is installed?

If you switch it back to no tmp will it post if you still have windows 10 installed? 

BnB
Journeyman III

Currently still using win 10 with TPM turned off with BIOS 5409 (ASUS Prime A320m-k Ryzen 3 2300x)

Personally I think that a bios update could fix your issues.

I looked at the Asus website and there are four bios updates after your current version.  The one thing I would look into is if any of these "improvements" will remove compatibility with your processor.  It might be worth an email or call just to make sure before the switch.

From what I could see none of the bios updates except for the most recent Version 5862 is removing processor compatibility but I didn't see your processor in the list so even that one looks like it's ok.  Ideally you would switch to the most recent bios update because it includes all of the past improvements and bios changes too.

In the 5606 bios update on the website it looks like they changed a lot of stuff to make for an easy windows 11 switch.  The previous 2 updates improved system stability was added as well.

-Version 5606

"PRIME A320M-K BIOS 5606
Support Windows 11 by default, no settings changes required in the UEFI BIOS."

0 Likes
vialli100
Forerunner

You will need to change your partition to GPT if it's not already..

It won't work with an MBR partition..

Also, Win 11 is great on my Ryzen CPU...

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.