Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

miklar
Adept I

Threadripper Pro 5975WX

Received one Threadripper  Pro 5975WX, but labeled for use with socket sTRX4

It arrived in good condition. However, before opening the box upon checking the attached label, in bold letters was written that it intended to be used with "Socket sTRX4" instead of WRX80.  It appears this may be in error as all other information, but before opening the box I would like confirmation is in error. 

.  See reference to Socket sTRX4See reference to Socket sTRX4

0 Likes
1 Solution
miklar
Adept I

On the 5th I submitted a service request with AMD and received the following response in less than 24 hours:
“Thank you for the email.
Yes, this could be a misprint on the CPU sticker. You can open and install the CPU on your motherboard.
If you encounter any issue, you can submit a warranty service request, we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you for contacting AMD.”

It is now installed and working better than expected.
Thank you to all of you who responded to my original posting.

View solution in original post

14 Replies

From CPU World Processor site:

Screenshot 2022-12-30 143940.png

From AMD Site: https://www.amd.com/en/products/cpu/amd-ryzen-threadripper-pro-5975wx

Screenshot 2022-12-31 005945.png

At the above link and CPU World the Part Number is the same 100-1000000445WOF

Plus the Official sealed AMD Retail box that is sold at Amazon doesn't look anything like the picture that you posted:

I would open a AMD SUPPORT - Warranty ticket and give them the processor's Serial Number to make sure it is the processor it says it is on the box.

But AMD Support is down until January 5th 2023 due to Maintenance issues.

0 Likes

From AMD SUPPORT on how to tell if a AMD Retail box is authentic: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/warranty-information/pib-authenticity

In the photos of various AMD Retail box one of them is the same as yours. So you do have an Official AMD sealed Retail box:

0 Likes

Yes, checked all of what is asked for as per the above.   Scanned the QR code and AMD's confirmation it is valid, i.e. serial # and part # are as shown on the label and checked OK 

Thank you for your response.  Fully appreciate your comments and will do as you suggest.  Considering the container is exactly the same as your attached image and all the information is as specified for a 5975WX, the only exception being the Socket... it is my hope the latter is a misprint and should read sWRX80 

All the best for the New Year 

same to you!

0 Likes
miklar
Adept I

On the 5th I submitted a service request with AMD and received the following response in less than 24 hours:
“Thank you for the email.
Yes, this could be a misprint on the CPU sticker. You can open and install the CPU on your motherboard.
If you encounter any issue, you can submit a warranty service request, we will be glad to assist you.
Thank you for contacting AMD.”

It is now installed and working better than expected.
Thank you to all of you who responded to my original posting.

miklar, I would very much like to see a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R23. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

See below    

miklar_0-1673224982599.png 

Cheers   

0 Likes

miklar, I would very much like to see a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) running Cinebench R23. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

John

Please see the attached file, hopefully it's what you're looking for.  

BTW, the two top results shown are from the same system.  The latest (i.e. top) is with fewer programs'  running in the background. 

Cheers,

Michael  

Cinebench 5975WX Results.jpg

0 Likes

Thanks much, miklar. Looks very good against my 3970X. I think the best I ever got was with some Power/Current limits raised was about 46000. Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes
eebiii
Miniboss

That TR is soooooooooooo badasssss!!!! I always wondered if anyone actually bought those chips. Awesome @miklarmiklar I am jealous. 

0 Likes

Please, don't be jealous, but ...

The real test comes when rendering hour long video with clips from four different cameras, RAW and compressed format, and half a dozen audio channels, plus Fusion modifications (DaVinci) 

My previous CPU's (3955WX)  rendering time 56 minutes,  with the 5975WX (no other changes)  23 minutes.   Cheers  Rendering que.jpg

Thanks, miklar. Enjoy, John.

0 Likes