cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

almightypeanut
Journeyman III

Threadripper Orange plastic mount

I purchased a pre-built system and the motherboard stopped POSTing after about 4 months of flawless use. Went through the lines of video, different ram, and the usual clearing CMOS and the board just seems dead.

New board and ready to go and the place that built the machine asked me to provide them the plastic mount. I haven't touched this machine and certainly would not have removed it manually. I don't even want them touching it because I'm wondering if they even used it in the first place.

Is there any way to get just a new mount from AMD or any other place? I was already pretty peeved about the system failing but now they are acting as if I get a new system the first thing I do is rip off the cooler and pull things apart.

0 Likes
2 Replies

I'm wondering how they got the thing in there since the mount holds the CPU...That's not something you can buy separate, and I'd get a full refund and go build your own system as it is evident they have zero knowledge of how to build a system, especially one that costs $2000 or more.

I have a similar issue.

Received System without Orange Threadripper frame.

It is very strange that CPU mounted without it but it is. Some genius installed it without holding frame.

I hope I will find where to buy new mounting frame for CPU.

BTW, seems that it is good idea to scan it and make 3d model to print on demand ;-)

0 Likes