cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

lukx
Adept I

Threadripper 3970X BIOS temps?

I just first time booted Threadripper 3970X and in bios I'm getting 35C temps, is it okay as starting point or before installing system I should reapply thermal paste etc ?

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

lukx, sounds fine to me.  What is your ambient temperature?  Where did you get your 3970X?  I cannot find one for sale.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Ambient - you mean the room? Around 22 Celsius.

I'm from Poland (Europe) so one of bigger computer parts shop got few of those.

0 Likes

Thanks, lukx.  35C is fine with 22C room.  Thanks, can't find any 3970Xs in US.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
marksmanguy
Journeyman III

What cooler are you using?

0 Likes

Nztx krakrn 72

0 Likes

Cool!  I just got a 3970x and Zenith 2 as well. Does that cooler work well for you or would have gotten another one knowing what you know now?

Thanks

0 Likes

I did huge research for every component i got. I wanted to build best of the best. And i read that amd was sending for reviews theeadripers with krakens so... yes im very happy with it. So far idle temps are 35 C. Heaveny tested load as still installing all software I need.

0 Likes

marksmanguy, I have heard good thinks about NZXT coolers and I have several NZXT cases and they are great!  The  cooler on my 2990WX is an Enermx Liqtech TR4 280, but a number of users here have complained about goop gathering inside.  I have had no such problem and always run my pump and fans on 12 Volts (full speed).  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes