Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

cgorange
Adept II

Threadripper 2990WX Crashes / Instability

Hello,

Over a month ago I decided to build a Threadripper computer and have been having some problems. Randomly the computer will stop being able to launch new applications.  If I try to restart it will hang on the restart window. Restarting it by hitting the button fixes it.  I do a 3D rendering from time to time at home for work and last night the screen went black and I had to pull the plug to be able to start the comp again. It actually sounds a lot like the problem that the guy on this thread is having.

Threadripper 2990WX Crashes 

Here are my specs.

Part
Motherboard Gigabyte X399 Aorus Pro
CPU Threadripper 2990WX
RAM 2 sets of 8GB x 4 G.Skill TridentX RGB F4-3200C16Q-32GTZR Quad Channel

Geforce 2080TI
PSU Corsair 1000w HXI 80+P
NVME M.2 Samsung 1tb 970 evo
SSD 2x Samsung 2tb 960 evo
Liquid cooler NZXT Kraken X52 Liquid Cooler
Case Corsair Crystal 570x
Thermal Paste Cooler Master High Performance Thermal Paste

Windows 10 Pro

At first I thought it was a problem with my windows installation but now I’m starting to think that it could be an incompatibility with some of the hardware.

Any help or advice about the hardware or why its crashing would be amazing. I’m running meatiest now and so far nothing is coming up.  The next thing I’m going to try is take out one of the sets of 32gb ram. 

I just noticed this. I found my ram listed on the mobo approved ram but it looks like there isn’t a check under 8 dim.. and I’m using 2 sets of 4 sticks so I’m using all 8 dims. Is that why its crashing you think?

http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList/Memory/mb_memory_x399-aorus-pro_250W.pdf 

Thanks

0 Likes
84 Replies