Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

brashen
Journeyman III

threadripper 2970wx

Hi All,

This is just a copy from the Reddit post.

Computer Type: Desktop

GPU: EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti XC GAMING, 11G-P4-2382-KR, 11GB GDDR6, Dual HDB Fans & RGB LED

CPU: AMD 2nd Gen Ryzen Threadripper 24-Core, 48-Thread, 2970WX 4.2 GHz Max Boost (3.0 GHz Base), Socket sTR4 250W YD297XAZAFWOF Desktop Processor

Motherboard: MSI MEG X399 CREATION sTR4 AMD X399 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.1 Extended ATX AMD Motherboard

RAM: G.SKILL TridentZ RGB Series 64GB (4 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model F4-3000C16Q-64GTZR

PSU: CORSAIR AXi Series AX1200i Digital 1200W 80 PLUS PLATINUM Haswell Ready Full Modular ATX12V & EPS12V SLI and Crossfire Ready Power Supply with C-Link Monitoring and Control

Operating System & Version: WIndows 10 PRO 1809

GPU Drivers: 430.86

Chipset Drivers: Im not sure how I acquire these?

Background Applications: Creative Cloud, One Drive, Free Download Manager, Nvidia Console, Bluetooth

Description of Original Problem:

Apart from the massive trouble just trying to get windows to install on this and with a lot of trouble from the MEG motherboard and its terrible updates, I've finally managed to get things running.

I've installed the creative cloud and of the bat the system is performing really poorly with bad feedback when moving objects around or animating in After Effects. Even the benchmarks seem below average comparatively to similar systems. Looking at Task manager, my CPU seems to be well below the base clock speed @ 2.12Ghz , and when running benchmarks that fully utilize the CPU, barely boosts to 3.5Ghz. I'm not sure what the issue could be here. Perhaps voltages are wrong? Is there an option in the BIOS I need to change?

Troubleshooting: Apart from running a stress test on the machine for about half an hour, I havent really done anything. I've updated all the drivers from MSI website.

CPU-Z and GPU-Z images if that helps:

0 Likes
14 Replies