Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

misterj
Exemplar

Re: Threadripper 2970WX soft crash with Windows 10 Event ID 56 ACPI 15

Jump to solution

giscalc, I think it makes no difference and it would be far from the first time MB support does not understand!  If you are not inclined to buy at least a dual channel memory kit (preferable Quad kit), I expect you to continue to have these hangs.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
giscalc
Adept I

Jump to solution

Hi John, thanks for your help with this.  Still no crash and this is the longest without an issue by a good margin now, so I am hopeful that disabling C6 has solved the problem.  I wanted to find out which step was the one that made the difference, but I will certainly look to upgrade to a matched quad-channel kit as soon as possible.  Thanks again.

0 Likes
misterj
Exemplar

Jump to solution

Sorry, giscalc, but that is not the fix.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes
VancoIT
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Ik it's a bit of an old thread now but I've got a 3960x server exhibiting this behaviour. its motherboard doesn't have a C6 power state option (MSI TRX40 PRO 10G) and it can't be removed without system disruption because it is running 2 raid arrays off of the chipset. so any RMA will require me making a complete backup and temporary working server. so any fix to this would be greatly appreciated 

CPU already got RMA'd because that was easier in the installation's configuration so I'm leaning to a fault mb

0 Likes
LuckyFox
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

double post, sorry

0 Likes
LuckyFox
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Hi! Also sorry for bringing back this old thread. I have a similar issue now - soft crash(screen frozen) or hard crash with restart on idle state.

TR 3990x, gigabyte TRX40 aorus pro wifi, corsair 256gb ram(8x16gb), msi rtx3070, corsair 1200w PSU Platinum.

Tried most things that I found about such issue online including here. 

Updated all drivers, checked memory, files integrity, rollback gigabyte software and drivers, removed any overclock, updated bios and also reset it to defaults. The PC can run under heavy load for days(rendering+photogrammetry) no problem, but crashes randomly while idle.

0 Likes