Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

eduardolunkes
Newcomer

Threadripper 1920x CPU clock at 0,5ghz and temperature going to 90º

Hey guys!
I had a problem on my TR 1920x this weekend and I want to know if anyone can help me.

Suddenly my CPU core starts to fall and stops at 0.5ghz and the CPU temperature starts to rise up.

I opened the Ryzen Master app and set the clock to 3.5gh, but the temperature goes around 87/93º and starts a weird noise on my pc, sounds like that came from the watercooler or the processor.

I take a screenshot of the Ryzen Master App. That time I'd running the OBS Studio, Logitech capture, Photoshop and Cinema 4D. I need to use all these apps simultaneously for a course recording. With that clock speed the temperature was 78º.

As I said, I change the clock with Ryzen Master and put to 3.5. Then the CPU starts to heat and hits around 90º while I was rendering in Cinema 4D using CPU render.

My specs:
AMD Ryzen Threaripper 1920x
Water cooler Enermax Liqtech TR4 240mm

64gb 3.200Mhz Gskil Trident Z
MB Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 X399

Power supply Corsair 80 Plus Gold Modular RM1000X

GPU EVGA RTX 2080

0 Likes
1 Solution
horizon1
Journeyman III

The Enermax Liqtech AIOs have major problems with corrosion internally. Most likely the corrosion gunk building up inside your unit has blocked flow to the pump and your AIO is doing nothing. So the chip will immediately down throttle as the temperature spikes due to lack of flow. You are basically running it as if it had no cooler on the chip.

Enermax's AIO Gunk Problem: Liqtech TR4 Cooler After 18 Months - YouTube 

I would suggest getting a new CPU cooler and most definitely not an Enermax Liqtech TR4.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
horizon1
Journeyman III

The Enermax Liqtech AIOs have major problems with corrosion internally. Most likely the corrosion gunk building up inside your unit has blocked flow to the pump and your AIO is doing nothing. So the chip will immediately down throttle as the temperature spikes due to lack of flow. You are basically running it as if it had no cooler on the chip.

Enermax's AIO Gunk Problem: Liqtech TR4 Cooler After 18 Months - YouTube 

I would suggest getting a new CPU cooler and most definitely not an Enermax Liqtech TR4.

0 Likes

Thanks a lot @horizon1 

I was wondering about the cooler. At that momento, my next step was take it off and change the thermal paste, but when I removed the pump from the motherboard, this is how the plate looks. A lot of corrosion (blue stuff) and a small leaking.

Enermax_watercooler.jpeg

I cleaned it up and works fine for a few days until I receive my new Noctua air cooler.

Already enter in contact with Enermax to see about this problem.

Thanks again for the quick answer.

0 Likes