Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

gnomikk
Journeyman III

Threadriper 2950x all cores stuck at 0.52Ghz / 548 Mhz

Hello dear AMD support,

Not sure why, brand new setup with Threadripper 2950x has an issue with CPU, all cores stacked at 0.52Ghz / 548Mhz. I have a latest bios update and drivers for motherboard. I've installed AMD Ryzen Master and I've tried to adjust settings, but after reboot CPU still stacked on 0.52 Ghz. I've verified cooling system - no issues, all connected and reports 35 Celcium on all cores. I've tried different modes, normal, creators and gaming mode. Attached are pictures from gaming mode.

Please advise, I really dont know what to do next, System is pretty much stacked and even mouse movements are slowed down.

0 Likes
2 Replies
gnomikk
Journeyman III

Hello all,

it have been mostly 3 years and I still have the same issue with this CPU, after first boot it is always stacked at 0.52Gz, on 2nd boot it switched to 3.5Ghz, what is wrong with it, having latest Bios and cooling doesn't help. Anyone? Great apricated. 

0 Likes

I'm sorry you've been dealing with this problem for so long. I've searched around for your particular issue and it seems many people have encountered it, including some with the latest 5000 series. Has there been any official acknowledgment by AMD? Really bad form on their part.

The general consensus seems to be that turning off "fast boot" fixes the issue. Additionally, if you do encounter the problem, switching between power plans back and forth solves it temporarily. Per chance, did you install the 1usmus custom power plan? 

0 Likes