cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

filipwennefors
Journeyman III

TF2 constantly freezes

Have had a Ryzen 7 3700x for a while but recently started getting problems in Team Fortress 2 where the game would freeze. I am on BIOS 9001 for the ROG Crosshair VIII Hero(non-wifi)

I previously had problems in Microsoft edge where it would freeze but I went back to bios 9001 and it stopped but TF2 is now broken

I haven't overclocked the CPU

Thermals are a little below 70 degrees at silent profile on the stock cooler

0 Likes
5 Replies

get some MX-4 and redo the CPU cooler. Use only a 1/2 bb size amount which is still too much.

0 Likes

I looked it up and 70 degrees isn't that bad. 

I'm looking into if MSI Afterburner might be the culprit. Though my GPU overclock used to be stable.

0 Likes

My R5 2400G hardly get above 45C loaded.

What video card do you use

0 Likes

Okay, this is gonna sound ridiculous but I paired my R7 with a GT 740 that I got in a pre-built. I know, but I'm saving up for a RTX 2070 Super which might take a while.

Since my graphics card is absolutely shite, I overclocked it but I think I might've gone overboard with it and that caused the crashes. Been playing TF2 without my GPU overclocked and no crashes so my GPU might actually be the culprit and the BIOS was a coincidence

0 Likes

The GT 740 is not well suited to games. Still that has not stopped a lot of people doing that.

The RTX 2070 SUPER is a power pig so make sure your PSU has enough

0 Likes