Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

jetgirl34
Adept I

Temps Fluctuations with Ryzen 3 2200G Win 10 64bit Asus A320M

Hello

i have an Asus PRIME A320M-K Bios Vers. 5220 with a Ryzen3 2200G having high temperatures fluctuation in idle mode. i exchanged the cpu cooler - no success. i put more case fans in, without success. i put better termal paste on - without success.

if i am exchanging the cpu i have no problems its just with the Ryzen 3 2200G. Even it don t let me change the EZ System Tuning to Energy Saving. But with the Athlon X4 950 or Ryzen 3 1200 it does. also i do not have any temperature fluctuations in idle as with the ryzen 3 2200G. what is wrong? i also experienced that the coolers getting very noisy in idle or busy mode.

i tried a different Mainboard, B350M-A but the problems are the same.

i also have problems with the usb hubs, the keyboard freezes if i am plugin in an external drive, also the lan chip messes up and can't get online. i have to do a cold restart and remove the external drive and internet is working again. if i am playing any game or watch movie, streaming, surfing etc pp the cpu gets hot and the fans starting alot noise, then windows 10 freezes and i have to do a cold restart too. i do not have the problem with another cpu.

can anyone help me and explain to me what is wrong with this Ryzen 3 2200G. No OC i rather do no Ryzen Master setup with my new Win 10 Prof 64 Bit installation.

thanks in advice.

My Recent System:

Windows 10 64 bit Prof. 1903

Power Supply be quiet BN242 System Power 8 80+ PC ATX 600W

Asus Prime A320M-K Bios Vers. 5220

Ryzen 3 2200G Vega 8

2x 4GB Crucial CT4G4DFS824A DDR4-2400 CL17 Single

3x Arctic P12 PWM PST 120x120x25 Case Fans

1 x Sharkoon Case Fan in the Front 120x120x25

Case: Sharkoon VS4-S ATX

0 Likes
2 Replies
jetgirl34
Adept I

ok nobody is answering, but let me give a short update:

i switched the DDR4 Rams into G.skill Flare X 2400er 16GB (2x8GB) but the System did not start

it was in the B350M Motherboard. so changing into the a320m mobo with this ryzen 3 2200g and the 16gb gskill flare x ram

makes no sense to me

0 Likes
twerkthatboot
Adept II

Hi! Ryzen chips tend to run pretty hot at idle and boost at the slightest of tasks to provide you better performance. On the contrary it causes major temperature fluctuations constantly even on idle. AMD says it's harmless and completely safe but I find it a little unsettling too and hence I've managed to find a few work arounds that make my life a little harder but help me exercise my control on my temperatures. I have a different chip but I believe these small tricks might benefit you too until there is a better/permanent solution. (Please note how these solutions are only for better thermals)

Step 1 - Go to Start - Power and sleep settings - Advance settings -

Here you will see a bunch of custom power plans like balanced, power saver etc. Now to see better temps, select power saver and edit the plan further. Go to Processor Power Management tab and apply the following.

Minimum Processor state - 5%

Cooling - Active/Passive

Maximum Processor state - 99%

This setting will down clock your processor to around 2.2Ghz but will also drop your temps and control them for light tasks. The processor in this state will only be able to boost 100Mhz below your base clock though. Now when you want to play games, switch it back to balanced or high performance power plan. 

Hope this solves your issue!

0 Likes