cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

loOl
Journeyman III

Temperatures while game (COD warzone) 5900x

Hello i have a question about tempts, my setup Gigabyte aorus pro b550, r9 5900x, EVGA 3080 ftw3 Ultra 450W, Corsair Hydro Series H100i RGB PLATINUM, CollerMaster MB520 RGB case, 32Gb ram HyperX Fury Black 3600 CL17. 

Question is, when i start stress test on AIda64 (by stock processor settings) for 20+ mins temeperature not going more then 80C, 100% usage ofc, but when im playing COD warzone, my temperatures with usage 40% of CPU are 70-88C, its droping like hell. I mean every sec its just flying from 70 to 88, IAO set as Extream, so working on 100% (unbelivble noise btw :D ) but i had before this cooling another one, Cooler Master Hyper 212 RGB Black Edition, same issue...  What should i do to get less temps? Alread...

0 Likes
5 Replies
trek
Elite

There are many ways how to alleviate these temperatures, one of problems is that 3080 cards blow all hot air in case, so you need to have sufficient case air flow, because card is releasing 450W of heat in the case (which is insane btw, lower limit to 370W or lower, it should not be much performance penalty). I have also in my case special side and top vent windows which I can open so I open side window while gaming. As a second measure I changed AMD thermal thottling temperature to 80C (from 90C) so CPU is throttling already at 80C - despite this aggresive thermal throtlling I have better both single and multi core performance than stock becuase I used curve optimizer and undervolted cores.

Your case is not adequate to the thermal output of your components, you should have larger case with much more case fans if you want to run this as you have it now.

You might have also occasional bsod during intensive gameplay session if your memory sticks are overheated, if you do not have additional RAM cooling, I made thermal measurement and RAM is grilling and I have only 340W 3080

6tzu98do.bmp

0 Likes
loOl
Journeyman III

Do you think case is rly have some point at so hard droping of temp? like from 66-88 for 3 sec... I mean 1 sec its 66C, 2nd 88C, 3d 68C, 4th 75C, 5f 70C, 6s 80C... I had grafic for 400W bios in stock and i had same problems, so i decidet run it on 450 and little more OC, but nothing expensive, incase with SIV program for coolers from gigabyte, all things got MAX 65C (and his is grafic card) everything is less. My friend have same processor with gigabyte aorus pro b550 VOL2, and with Coller master coller what i had before and hes temp is not more of 72C, but he got 1660 grafic card, so its matter for sure. So Noctura NH - D15 should help for this?

0 Likes

You wrote that AIDA stress test without GPU is 80C, which is on higher side of temperature things, this is air cooler performance, so in the first place you should reseat your heatsink - new thermal paste and make sure there is good contact, good heatsink pressure.

¨Then when you start your gaming session you dump 450W of heat onto cpu and you have only 3 intake fans, 1 exhaust and 2 fans in AIO that are blowing hot air again on CPU? Try to open side panel while gaming to determine whether your case is enough or wheter you should by bigger high performance cooling PC case.

0 Likes
trek
Elite

I provided long answer with images made by thermal camera, but this stupid forum deleted my post as spam, I am tired of making it again, so case ventilation is main thing.

Ok it is undeleted now.

0 Likes
mrsense
Adept II

Try the negative Vcore off-set.  You will get slightly lower Cinebench scores, but the temperature difference will be quite a bit.

I suggest -0.1000v

Also, replace the AIO fans with something like Noctua NF-A12x25 PWM which has more CFM at lower noise.

0 Likes