Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

TJerry
Adept I

Temperatures on Ryzen Threadripper 3960X

Hello to all,

My setup is:
* CPU: threadripper 3960X with 24 cores.

* GPU :NVIDIA Geforce RTX 2060.

* Cooling: H115I RGB Pro XT. I have set all the fans to "extreme".

I am running cinebench r23 in multi-core for 30 min and my maximum temperature is 88-89ºC and my clock speed ~4Ghz.

Given that the maximum working temperature is 95 ºC I would like to know if I can keep on working with "extreme" fan settings for if I should replace the cooling system with a better one.

Note1: If I use a "balanced" fan setting the temperature will reach over 90ºC (I do not know by how much because I stopped cinebench).
Note2: The cinebench score is 33398

Note3: my idle temperature is < 50ºC

What are your opinions?

Best Regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

TJerry, please install Ryzen Master (RM) and post a screenshot of Cinebench running. RM is the only valid utility to use on your processor and try to help you.  Please show the entire image. Thanks, John.

0 Likes
TJerry
Adept I

Hi, the temperatures were taken from Ryzen Master. I will post a screenshot tomorrow, when I get to the computer. Thanks for the help!

0 Likes
TJerry
Adept I

Untitled.png
Here is a photo of the current setup

0 Likes

Thanks, TJerry. The RM looks fine to me.  You could open an AMD Online support request and ask their opinion but remember they warranty the processor to 95C, so your temperatures are OK. Are your temperatures OK when doing normal work? Enjoy, John.

0 Likes