cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

justromagod
Adept I

Temperature is 60 Threadripper 1950

i installed Threadripper 1950x into Asus Zenith Extreme motherboard, and when i start computer in BIOS temperature shown as 60 degree Celsius.

Question is :

is Temperature in Bios is temperature in Idle mode or in Active mode?

Asus bios is quite advanced, it has mouse and a lot of configurations, but I need to know if temperature 60 degree in Bios abnormal error, or just how it suppose to be?

0 Likes
1 Solution

ASus bios has option to automatically Overclock cpu in bios, this is probably why my temperature in bios was 60, also Enermax AIO was probably faulty at that time. 

now my temperature in bios 25 C

(posting this to create solution for my question, who knows may be it help someone)

View solution in original post

0 Likes
5 Replies

There's near zero load on the processor in BIOS, so it'd be the idle temperature, assuming it's being read correctly.

0 Likes

Ok, i will reinstall CPU and try to check if i problem with termopaste or CPU or something Else. Thx

0 Likes

I reinstaller CPU and still have the the same issue, temp in BIOS 60 degree. I also noticed that it shows CPU frequence 4000, when threadripper should have 3600. 4000 is turbo mode i think. Could it be issue?

0 Likes

I think you be fine with your "Bios" Temp.

In Bios the CPU works with full load. I got this on my 1700x too. My Temp. in Bios is shown by 55° on full trothel. If I screw down the CPU via downclocking  on 2 Ghz in the Bios, the Temp. goes down on 36°.

What´s the Temp. when the OS has loaded all driver and power plant profiles?

0 Likes

ASus bios has option to automatically Overclock cpu in bios, this is probably why my temperature in bios was 60, also Enermax AIO was probably faulty at that time. 

now my temperature in bios 25 C

(posting this to create solution for my question, who knows may be it help someone)

0 Likes