Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Vader666
Journeyman III

System with 5900x underperforming

Hi all,

I recently updated my system. That includes a new Mainboard, CPU, GPU and PSU.
I was lucky to get a Ryzen 5900x and a Asus ROG Strix 3080 RTX OC. I upgraded to a 850W Corsair PSU and it's all running on a Asus ROG Strix x570-e gaming. I kept my old RAM, Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3200MHz. I have a AIO watercooling and configured my fans as classic front intake and rear exhaust. SSDs only (no m.2).
My problem is that my system is underperforming pretty much. I got the feeling that it's mainly my CPU. I did a TimeSpy test multiple times and my score is at 9500-9800. I've seen reddit posts where people complained that they have a low score and they had 14000! A friend has exact the same system and he had 13500 CPU Score. In COD Warzone I'm having only 100-125 FPS on WQHD and Ultra settings. I would like to have stable 144 at least.
I tried to activate DOCP and set PBO to enabled. No change at all. I also activated all drivers! No idea what else I could do. I updated all possible driver, tried different power settings. Windows 10 is up to date and I just did a fresh install after I got my Hardware. The CPU Temperature at fill load is at 70-75°C, sometimes it peeks to 80+.
Any idea what could be the issue?

0 Likes
1 Reply
jaku8sko
Journeyman III

Hi, it's hard to recreate the same issue in a home environment. But what fixed it for me was STAYING AWAY FROM ASUS MOTHERBOARD SOFTWARE.
My original x570 Strix motherboard and 5900x were heavily underperforming with extremely high CPU temp.
After trying EVERYTHING I went the simplest way.
BIOS update
XMP ON
Windows 10 fresh install
Nvidia and AMD chipset drivers installed only.
and that worked like a charm.

0 Likes