cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Jazzinplayer
Adept II

Re: System unstable: Ryzen 5 5600x and Aorus x570 crashing on games at default settings

Jump to solution

Guys!!! I SOLVED it!!!!!!!!

Omg, this is actually upsetting but relaxing at the same time since I finally found the problem.

It was PSU related but not because of the total Watts, it was the cables. I've been using this Phanteks Cable extensions for over 2 years now, never had an issue. Since I was monitoring the watts usage and noticing very weird behavior,  like huge spikes and dumps, in one of many reboots I noticed once cable was pretty hot, that is not normal so I removed the extensions (CPU, Motherboard and PSU) and PROBLEM SOLVED. Running smooth like butter, ran all the benchmarks, ran prime 95, gamed for 2 hours and not a single problem. Giving me the expected performance now.

It makes a lot of sense by the way the PC was working. Still going for that 850 W PSU for more room on that department. Gonna keep testing but so far you can TELL is working as it should, it looks and feels fine. Thanks to everyone that helped. 

cables phanteks.jpg

View solution in original post

Juliangom33
Adept I

Re: System unstable: Ryzen 5 5600x and Aorus x570 crashing on games at default settings

Jump to solution

Amazing news for you!

I returned mine to my vendor today so I could get a refund. I tested the standard cables of my PSU and of another PSU but the problem was still there so it wasn't the same problem we had 🙂

AcidxBurn
Adept I

Jump to solution

iv lost count of how many times I have seen and had to fix similar issues and the OP never does what they should. remove all components from the case put it on an open test bench ie the motherboard box or any non-conductive surface. unplug everything and start again using the very bare minimum. CPU, GPU, 1 stick of ram, and a basic SSD, not nvme and a directly connected PSU. start from there and keep adding stuff until it crashes and save yourself hours of frustration and a headache.

you live and learn bro. shame others keep doing the same mistakes and expecting different results lmao.

at least you fixed it, so all good in the end. don't ever think you know better and do it right way 1st time. like they say pride comes before a fall

Anyelou
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Have the same probelm, i remove the extensors and nothing, some solution for this? I test 10000 times with diferent solutions and nothing...

0 Kudos
arturskat
Journeyman III

Jump to solution

Was it just the cpu power supply or also the 24pin?

0 Kudos
delevero
Adept III

Jump to solution

great that you solved your problem and i actula have the excact same issue.
But i had a 750w and 1000w power supply and both crashes like your cpu did even though both psu's use different cables.
I know that both power supplys work 100%..
By the way only way i could make my pc actual run games was to manualy find cpuVcore and change auto to 1,4v
But this is in no way ideal and i loose some performance by doing so BUT it perform really well though.
Just saying a cpu should be able to run out of the box and control the power itself but my 5900x cpu cannot no matter which power supply or graphics card i use. ( i own a 1080rtx  and a 6900xt )

But i will go and check IF i by some mistake have changed the motherboard power cable so im not using the original one that came with the power supply..  ( pro tip NEVER reuse old power supply cables with other produts, and many power supply the connector on the cable is actula a little bit different so you cant even plug them in another product 😉    )

0 Kudos