Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

i_megaman_i2
Adept I

System instability with my 3700x

Hey

1. Substance 3D painter, AMD = cant bake on a CPU, restarting my PC by itself. GPU = baking fine. Tested on Intel = baking fine.

2. 3ds max AMD = baking maps resulting in a random crash to desktop, sometimes getting blank output. GPU = baking perfectly fine.

3. Photoshop = extremely poor performance on a CPU. Enabling GPU acceleration will reboot PC after some time working in it. This could be GPU fault, but Im almost convinced its the CPU causing a PC restart.

4. Disabled fTPM because it was the reason my whole PC been freezing randomly,thanks to youtube its not a headache anymore.

So yeah more than enough reason to believe its the CPU fault.

My PC spec:

x570 Aorus Ultra rev 1.1/1.2; Ryzen 7 5800x; 3060Ti; RAM 32Gb; m.2 PRO 980 512Gb.

PS: Thanks AMD for such a great CPU. (not)

14 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Nothing wrong with AMD..

What PSU do have?

If it's restarting on it's own then there is a problem, could be anything..

You can't just blame an AMD CPU!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

@vialli100 wrote:

Nothing wrong with AMD..

What PSU do have?

If it's restarting on it's own then there is a problem, could be anything..

You can't just blame an AMD CPU!

https://seasonic.com/prime-tx

and yes I can, because all signs against it. Yes exactly could be anything including this broken ass CPU.

0 Likes
i_megaman_i2
Adept I

Hello AMD? Customer Care? Ring any bell?

0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

BIOS up to date?

Overclocking anything?

Have you tried a different motherboard?

What speed is your memory actually running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

What is your fclk set to?

What cooler are your running on that 5800x?

What are your CPU/GPU temps?

How is your case airflow? You have to keep your VRM's and memory cool too

5600x, 5800x, 5900x and 2 x 3700x's running here .. and they all run good. All ASRock motherboards though.

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

@ThreeDee wrote:

BIOS up to date?

Overclocking anything?

Have you tried a different motherboard?

What speed is your memory actually running at? (Task Manager>Performance>Memory)

What is your fclk set to?

What cooler are your running on that 5800x?

What are your CPU/GPU temps?

How is your case airflow? You have to keep your VRM's and memory cool too

5600x, 5800x, 5900x and 2 x 3700x's running here .. and they all run good. All ASRock motherboards though.

I dont have the luxury of trying several motherboards...the rest is too obvious. I wouldnt be here if it were temp or OC problems

0 Likes

So you are just here to complain/rant and you're not really seeking any help.. gotchyuh

ThreeDee PC specs

@ThreeDee wrote:

So you are just here to complain/rant and you're not really seeking any help.. gotchyuh

Sure, are you ready to help or are you here just to point out the obvious stuff? I can collect the required logs if you are willing. Please leave the discussion about temp and overclocking for children.

0 Likes

@ThreeDee 

I just think you can't help some people and when they are arrogant and rude..

Well just don't!!

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

lol .. hard to try and help anybody when they don't answer simple questions .. but I digress.

Sorry you are having issues, hope you get it figured out

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes

@vialli100 wrote:

@ThreeDee 

I just think you can't help some people and when they are arrogant and rude..

Well just don't!!

I did answer your question, didnt I? was it rude? Rude is asking people questions about their PC temperature. Im not an idiot and my issue is not related to "the dumbest **bleep** a user can do." Its AMDs fault not mine. I guess im just in the wrong place.You are all too smart for my problem.

0 Likes

@i_megaman_i2 

You do understand that this is just a user forum.. ie other AMD users trying to help people?

This isn't AMD customer support...

No one here is paid or obliged to help, they help because they want to and you are being extremely rude to those people.

Either way you seem to know it all and don't want help from the community so go contact AMD directly..

For someone who is clearly so intelligent.. I 'll assume you can locate the contact us section by yourself.

Toodles

Well that reply just goes to show how rude you are!

You think your better than others so sort out your own problems, you asked for help?

In my opinion and possibly others your replies are rude..

It appears that keeping this thread open will serve no useful purpose, so it's locked.

lowteck
Miniboss

0 Likes