Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

spongemeleon
Journeyman III

[Support Ticket Request] R5 1600 Segfaulting

Hi,

This is more of an official support request than a question.

I am playing Rocket League on Solus OS with my R5 1600 and GTX 1080. The game will occasionally crash on me. I know this is a hardware issue because running "dmesg -r" in a terminal returns:

segfault at 0 ip 00000000005e348f sp 00007fffb07065b8 error 6 in RocketLeague[400000+2c5a000]

I am willing to provide a lot more info about my system, including physically taking out the cpu if necessary, but given that the official support link is broken I'd rather just submit this for now until I have to take my computer apart.

On a side note, as I mentioned I would have used the e-ticket process at the official link (Email Form​), but firefox returns the following,

"The owner of emailcustomercare.amd.com has configured their website improperly. To protect your information from being stolen, Firefox has not connected to this      website."

For now, I'd just appreciate some help on how to remedy this situation. I do believe this issue was fairly common among certain batches of these cpus but I can only speculate.

Thanks,

Joe

0 Likes
6 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

spongemeleon, I am a user and cannot help with your RMA support.  I think almost all here are like me and cannot help.  I ran into problems on the AMD e-mail submission a couple of weeks ago and complained (and got it to work).  AMD needs to get it together!  I suggest you try another browser, seems like Chrome also seemed to work.  Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

Just for your information only, I clicked on your Link for AMD EMAIL SUPPORT in both (Latest versions)  Firefox and Chrome Browser and both worked from your original post.

There is a very long previous Thread about Segfaults on Linux using Ryzen CPU: gcc segmentation faults on Ryzen / Linux .

If you decide to RMA your CPU here is where you can do it online from AMD : https://support.amd.com/en-us/warranty/rma

0 Likes
abucodonosor
Adept III

spongemeleon schrieb:

Hi,

This is more of an official support request than a question.

I am playing Rocket League on Solus OS with my R5 1600 and GTX 1080. The game will occasionally crash on me. I know this is a hardware issue because running "dmesg -r" in a terminal returns:

segfault at 0 ip 00000000005e348f sp 00007fffb07065b8 error 6 in RocketLeague[400000+2c5a000]

How do you know that is a hardware issue ?

That seems to be an page fault because null pointer access in that application., which is an software bug.

0 Likes

I apologize, I misread your post. I deleted my comment to you and the replies since it wasn't correct.

Sorry again.

0 Likes

abucodonosor, "official requests" need to be directed to AMD.  This is primarily a user forum.  Please try the AMD e-mail Support Site.  I would post a link to it but it will delay the posting of this reply by a few minutes up to many hours.  Please go to the AMD site and you should be able to locate the:

Online Service Request

Good luck and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I made the same mistake as you did with your comment. it wasn't abucodonosor​ requesting "Official Requests" it was spongemeleon​.

abucodonosor​ was just quoting spongemeleon​.

0 Likes