cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

adamz
Newcomer

Stuttering on ryzen 5 2600

I have a very annoying problem. When I play music in the background on youtube, it causes so many stutters in some games. I tried reinstalling drivers, changing RAMs, installing the games on SSD but it didn't work. Only the program called "ISLC" helps me by cleaning RAM automatically when free memory is lower than 4 GB. I checked the RAMs with window's diagnostics program and it didn't find any problems. Also tried chaning windows power plan but again- didn't help. Is this a windows problem or my processor is broken? 
My specification:
Processor: Ryzen 5 2600 (stock, boost on 3775 MHz)
Graphics: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1660 Gaming OC 
Motherboard: ASUS B450-F gaming 
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 GB 3000 MHz CL 15 
Power supply: Corsair VS650
Storage: 120 GB Kingston SSD and 1 TB Seagate BarraCuda
Thanks for your support and have a good day!  
Video below shows the problem:

0 Likes
8 Replies
misterj
Big Boss

adamz, please post a screenshot of Ryzen Master (RM) during the problem - simply drag-n-drop the image into your reply.  Thanks and enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I don't use ryzen master but it is a ram problem. Windows doesn't clear it so it causes stutters. Thanks for help

0 Likes

adamz, I do not understand, but have a fun day.  Enjoy, John.

0 Likes

I mean windows 10 causes stutters. It can be fixed by downloading ISLC.

0 Likes

sounds like internet saturation is causing issues

0 Likes

No, it doesn't. I have very good internet. It was a problem with so many cached ram by windows. I almost fix it.

0 Likes

If you are running YouTube using a browser like Firefox or Google Chrome that is probably why you are having problems.

If you start Firefox or Chrome and then go to YouTube and run a video, check Task Manager, You will see the load on the CPU fluctuating anywhere from 7% to 90% depending what you website you are running.

Here is my Task Manager with FireFox open. It is using almost 3 gbytes of Memory besides the processor fluctuating as mentioned above:

0 Likes

elstaci wrote:

If you are running YouTube using a browser like Firefox or Google Chrome that is probably why you are having problems.

If you start Firefox or Chrome and then go to YouTube and run a video, check Task Manager, You will see the load on the CPU fluctuating anywhere from 7% to 90% depending what you website you are running.

Here is my Task Manager with FireFox open. It is using almost 3 gbytes of Memory besides the processor fluctuating as mentioned above:

pastedImage_1.png

This is why I have 24GB of RAM installed on my R5 2400G box

0 Likes