cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Bobeluch99
Journeyman III

Strange spikes in temps 5800x on b450

I recently upgraded from 3800x to 5800x on MSI Tomahawk B450. I update bios to newest, which is beta and only one that supports 5000 series. Despite that my mobo is reporting CPU Fail (red led is on) evrything is working just fine. I have no stability issues, performance is what you would expect and my temps are fine ( comparing to what other people reporting). Im getting 77 C max on MC R20 test and 52 C single core.

My problem is that i see very high temp spikes in diffrent aplications or games. Whenever there is full load on one core, CPU will boost one core to the max(which is 4850 for me) and mobo will deliver 1.45 on all cores making CPU go from 30C to 70C in second. This behavior is triggering constantly in some aplications and games.

Can someone please with 5800x fire up full load stress test on one core/thread and tell me what voltages you reading. Becouse mine is staying at const 1,45v for all cores in one core/thread load situation. It making my cpu going hot all the time in some lightweight apllications, like chrome for example is trigerring this every 30 sec or so, firefox is fine. I just wanna know if its safe and normal for cpu doing that and maintaining 1,45v. And please dont use cinebench single core test for this, it's not doing  so aggressively in cinebench with voltages so im maitaining 52C max there.

Thanks for answers and sorry for my english.

0 Likes
0 Replies