cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Processors

Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

So over a week has passed and 3 calls later and 1 reply after 4 work days asking me yet about more information regarding my non functional Ryzen 5950x when everything was told when I opened the first ticket (number is 8201023788) I still am where I was at the beginning. Mind you close to another 3 days have passed and I'm still waiting for a second reply from tech support.

IS THIS A JOKE ?!? What is it with this horrible customer support ? I have never ever experienced something like that once. Can someone from AMD around here like @amdmatt please approve my RMA request already so I can send the **bleep** thing in ? I need this CPU for work and can't afford to be much longer without it. If I don't hear back from some AMD employee by tomorrow around here or via email then I'll make sure to call consumer protection in my country or my lawyer for withholding my warranty rights.

 

 

 

0 Kudos
17 Replies
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

Nearly forgot that but here are the newest ticket numbers in case you need them: 8201026854 and 8201026863

0 Kudos
Esteemed Contributor III

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

The first 30 days are handled by the retailer, so you should have went through them.
0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

High demand product so the retailer had no stock which is why I contacted AMD directly since they usually have some backed up for warranty claims like every company should.

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue about them being unresponsive even on a CPU bought directly on amd.com ... considering calling customer protection services too as I don't even have another option/third party I bought from to turn to

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

Where do you guys live? I'm from europe , also trying to get a RMA and I'm asking myself if it would go faster to send it back to the vendor and get my money back.


@tatane wrote:

Unfortunately I'm having the same issue about them being unresponsive even on a CPU bought directly on amd.com ... considering calling customer protection services too as I don't even have another option/third party I bought from to turn to


 

0 Kudos
Journeyman III
Journeyman III

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

@Juliangom33 Germany here and yeah sending it back to the vendor would probably be the fastest option for you right now. As for me I need this thing so I have no other option but going the AMD route......... Smiley Sad

 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

Me too Germany.

Sending it to the vendor has some downsides tho.

1st i would have to pay for the shippment which is apperently very expensive even though it's a  small package.

2nd I would get my money back that I paid (350 euros) but then I would have to buy a new one , which are 1. Out of stock atm and 2. Even more expensive now than 350 euro.


@JohnboyXYZ wrote:

@Juliangom33 Germany here and yeah sending it back to the vendor would probably be the fastest option for you right now. As for me I need this thing so I have no other option but going the AMD route......... Smiley Sad

 


 

0 Kudos
Adept I
Adept I

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

Also , did you write them in german (on the rma request) or in english?

I did in german and I might have  feeling it may take longer than if i would have choosen in english.


@Juliangom33 wrote:

Me too Germany.

Sending it to the vendor has some downsides tho.

1st i would have to pay for the shippment which is apperently very expensive even though it's a  small package.

2nd I would get my money back that I paid (350 euros) but then I would have to buy a new one , which are 1. Out of stock atm and 2. Even more expensive now than 350 euro.


@JohnboyXYZ wrote:

@Juliangom33 Germany here and yeah sending it back to the vendor would probably be the fastest option for you right now. As for me I need this thing so I have no other option but going the AMD route......... Smiley Sad

 


 


 

0 Kudos
Adept III
Adept III

Re: Still no RMA approval about to call consumer protection !!!

I'm in France and if I had the option I'd likely send it back to reseller and get something from team blue instead ... at least they're known to treat that kind of issue pretty fast when it arises and even offer cross shipping as the default option.

Having the best performing CPU is only useful if it can perform, mine's just a 900€ very light paperweight so far ... 

0 Kudos